Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Anyone Stayed at Bally's Las Vegas Lately?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Jan

If so, what are their renovated rooms like? Greatly appreciate any information.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Anthony

Here is a copy of my review of Ballys, when I stayed on Jan 5:

We checked into Bally's for 3 nts ( Had 3 separate reserves due to getting the best price per day, but was able to be checked in all at the same time;would have to go down to the front desk, though, for each day's package of coupons). Our 3 day stay averaged $50/nt, which included 2 FREE tkts to the Jubilee show and other coupons. We requested a King, no smoking on a High Floor in the North Tower, and was given a room on the 24th flr, although it wasn't ready yet.

Then went to Thrifty for our car rental; got a rate of $88 including all taxes for 5 days for a compact. Used their Blue Chip Service, had to go to the counter to pickup the contract, but no waiting. Got a Neon; awful car.

It was about noon, so we decided to eat lunch before going to our room. Went to Ellis Island for their $4.99 steak dinner. IT was EXCELLENT; mine was rare as requested, and came with salad, a great baked potato, and vegatable. Had one of their own brew beers,$1.50, and it was very good. We both enjoyed our meal very much.

Went to our room, and I was VERY impressed. It faced South, with a view of MGM , the airport, and the mountans beyond. The 24th to the 26th flloor, which is the top, juts out about 5 feet beyond the rest of the tower, so the rooms are about 5 ft longer. We had a renovated that was in great condition, and was almost the size of a Room in the Venetian (Which we stayed in on our last trip). The room is very business friendly; there are 2 desks, one which has high speed internet access. The other is set-up with a nice highback desk chair, and is also set-up with a pullout writing desk on the OTHER side, so you and a business collegue can both be writing at the same time. The room also had a loveseat, club chair and coffee table. TV cabinet with drawers, 25/27 inch TV with many channels and even web TV access. Bathroom was also very nicely renovated with granite counter, marble floors and walls and BRIGHT lighting.
Overall, for an older hotel, we were VERY impressed and pleased with our room.
The same could not be said for the Big Kitchen Buffet. We received 2-4-1 coupons, and used it for dinner the 1st night. Big mistake! The food was horrible, the iced tea and lemonade was watered down, and the desserts were awful. IT wasn't worth the half price, and at $16.95 full price it is truely a rip-off. I would not eat there if you comped me!

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Rich

We stayed at Bally's in mid-December. The rooms were absolutely HUGE by Vegas standards, very nicely appointed, very comfortable. My room faced down the Strip to the airport, and I could also see the Eiffel Tower and, if I stood at the window and looked towards the Strip, could watch the fountain show at Bellagio.

I have to admit that I was a little wary about staying at Bally's since it IS one of the older hotels, but I was VERY pleased and would definitely stay there again. Definitely one of the nicest rooms I've ever had in Vegas.

My only complaint, as Anthony pointed out, was that the buffet was really not good at all. Still, Bally's is so convenient to so many other places that there was no shortage of good places to eat. (Our new favorite is the buffet at Aladdin).

Stay at Bally's and enjoy!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Rich

Topping for Jan

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:26 PM
pam

I am thinking of going to Vegas in May. The prices seem quite high. Is it better to wait till April to find something. I am looking for a package deal, with air from the East coast. Bally's looks fine.