Search

Anyone know the Comfort Inn Carmel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know the Comfort Inn Carmel

Hello
Thanks to everyone who was so kind to offer advice our California Coastal drive is coming together.
I am searching for a hotel in Carmel that will accommodate 2 adults in 3 children in one room or suite as the kids are too young to be in their own room. The Comfort Inn Careml at Ocean and Torres seems to work but I am concerned about the quality. Is anyone familiar with the hotel? We are most concerned about a very good location for walking to visit the town and obviously comfort and cleanliness.
I may be wrong but it seems that alot of the hotels in Carmel are geared to adults and perhaps we are better off staying in Monterey and driving to visit Carmel? Thoughts?
Thank you.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

I meant to say 2 adults AND 3 children
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:48 AM

Many families with children stay in Carmel--so no need to be concerned about that.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Carmel is very family-friendly and pet-friendly, also! Take your kids to the gorgeous beach there and perhaps a breakfast at Katy's Place, it's a casual restaurant with excellent food for breakfast. I'm sure they will enjoy the yummy bakeries in Carmel, also for treats during your visit. ***kim***
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM

I can't comment on this hotel, but we stayed at the El Castell Motel in Monterey. Their family room is large with two queen beds in the main room and another queen bed in the other room. We had a decent-sized fridge and a microwave as well.

We've been happy with every Comfort Inn we've stayed at, though.

Lee Ann
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. We really did want to stay in Carmel so that is where we will stay based on your advice about our kids.
Now, anyone else know or stayed at the Comfort Inn Carmel Village? I just read tripadvisor and it seems to be a popular hotel in it's price range.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:41 PM
maj

I don't know anything about the hotel, but to answer your question about walking, we found that the only way to get around Carmel itself is to walk. The town isn't that big and parking is next to impossible. Looking at a map of Carmel, I think you would be very happy with the location of that motel.

If you do stay there, we found back roads leading to Highway 1 to go to Big Sur. Ocean Blvd appeared to back up since so many day visitors are using it when the come to Carmel. Also, you can get on the 17 mile drive near Carmel Beach and go out the Pacific Grove exit (after you do the drive) to Pacific Grove and Monteray and avoid the Highway 1 traffic that way.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM

I can recommend the Carmel Country Inn for families of 5. Sorry,I don't know about the comfort inn. It's probably fine. With so much competition it would be hard to survive unless it were decent.
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Check it out on Tripadvisor - only one bad review out of 8 or 9 (I'm not one to live/die by TA reviews but for a chain like Comfort Inns I do check since I know what they generally offer)
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM

I drive by this motel almost daily. The neighborhood is fine, the grounds are lovely but I don't know a thing about the rooms.

If you want a cute in with suites, you ought to check out the Green Lantern.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 07:38 AM

LEMIDI:

Did you end up at the Comfort Inn? We're looking for a "family of 5" Carmel place, too.
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Hello

I hope I am not replying too late to help you. I haven't had much opportunity to check on here recently.

Yes we did stay at the Comfort Inn Carmel for one night and loved it for what it was. Not a luxury hotel by any means but a reasonably priced Inn in a great location that could accomodate my family of 5. We had what they call the Sunshine Suite on the top of two floors. I am not sure that the regular rooms and those on the ground floor would be as nice.

I wrote a review on here I believe and also on tripadvisor.

If you still need help with any specific questions let me know and I'll be glad to answer. Would love to revisit my memories of that great trip!