Park Hyatt-Highlands Inn in Carmel

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 06:07 AM
don

Park Hyatt-Highlands Inn in Carmel

I will be visiting Carmel for a couple of days and I was wondering if this was a good place to stay or if it is better to actually stay in the towns of Carmel or Monterey. I thought that this might be a good choice because it is has an oceanview and seems to be located between Carmel and Big Sur, both of which I wanted a chance to see? But I also want something that will give me a good feel of the area. Would I best find this staying in town in Carmel? Any suggestions on a different hotel?

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:04 AM
yankee

My husband and I have stayed at the Highland Inn on two different occasions. We loved it. Keep in mind that the oceanview is distant. The hotel is across a road and up a hill from the ocean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are soooo comfy! The restaurant is 4-star and the sunset views are magnificiant! I don't think you would be dissapointed. It is only a 5-min drive from Carmel and 10 mins. from Monterey.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 09:05 AM
yankee

My husband and I have stayed at the Highland Inn on two different occasions. We loved it. Keep in mind that the oceanview is distant. The hotel is across a road and up a hill from the ocean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are soooo comfy! The restaurant is 4-star and the sunset views are magnificiant! I don't think you would be dissapointed. It is only a 5-min drive from Carmel and 10 mins. from Monterey.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Bob

If you enjoy quaint and right in the middle of Carmel try the PINE INN. It is located on Ocean, the main street of Carmel. Has an Il Fornaio restaurant attached to it that is very good. The rooms are nice, but not the 4 star new of the Highlands Inn. We have stayed at the PINE INN and enjoy it.

If you want some good ocean views go to Pacific Grove. The G

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Bob

Finish from above comments:

If you want some good ocean views go to Pacific Grove. The GREEN GABLE or the SEVEN GABLES or the GRANDVIEW INN in Pacific Grove all are overlooking the Bay. Great spots and all close to Carmel or Monterey.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:29 PM
John

Stayed in June at the Ventana Inn with my wife for our anniversary. We loved the location and the setting of the hotel and the food was excellent. However, I did have a problem with the rooms- they are quite dated and are in need of a serious reservation. When paying close to $$450/night for an ocean-view room, I expect them to be a little more lush. They do have a "rustic" feel to them, just a little too rustic for my tastes and the prices they charge.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM
John

Sorry, meant "renovation" rather than "reservation" in previous post.