Notices

Where to stay in Monterey?

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Jane

Where to stay in Monterey?

Any suggestions for either a beautiful B&B or a nice hotel? Where is the best place to stay? If anyone has specific places they would recommend, all the better. I've never been...

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Leslie

If you want English Tudor style, antique furnishings, expansive gardens and elegant luxury in a residential neighborhood, the Old Monterey Inn is the loveliest place I've ever stayed. Not a place for kids though.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:23 PM
kam

Highlands Inn in Carmel, Cypress Inn in Carmel, Seven Gables or Green Gables in Pacific Grove, Spindrift Inn in Monterey. All should have websites.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:32 PM
michele

We stayed at the Pacific Inn in May. It's a beautiful property, spacious mini-suites with down comforters, fireplace in living room area, dining table, balcony, great complimentary continental breakfast. I got a great deal through Orbitz. Highly recommended!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Robert Forte

We stayed at the Spindrift Inn in Monterey. Can't recommend it highly enough. It sits right on the water, our room had a four-poster bed and fireplace (which the staff lit for us while we were out). We sat on the window seat watching the seals play in the ocean (with binoculars provided by the hotel). Definitely one to consider.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:14 PM
amy

We loved the Monterey Plaza. It is probably larger and more modern than the places mentioned above ... but we thought it quite luxurious. It sits right on the water on Cannery Row, so you can walk to everything. They have an incredible health club/spa on the top floor with astounding views of the bay. There are two hot tubs that literally go all the way to the edge of the roof. You feel like you are floating high above the water. I'll never forget the morning we sat up there, sipping freshly squeezed orange juice and gazing out over the bay. We had the place to ourselves.

We also liked Schooner's, the little bar there that sits on the water. We'd stop there for a drink on our way back from dinner. Good music, and the stars overhead.

I think we got our room for around $250 a night about 2 years ago.

I hope this helps. We would stay there again in a minute!

Oh ... I just found the website:

http://www.montereyplazahotel.com/

It will giv eyou some great pictures of the place ... even the hot tubs! Enjoy!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Simone

I also vote for Hotel Pacific. My family stayed there two weeks ago and the suite is nice if you are travelling with children. It also includes an expanded continental breakfast which is nice. Make sure your suite does not face the street as it can be noisy. I would ask for a room facing the courtyard. It is within a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf, bike rentals, restaurants etc.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Nell

Make a bid on Priceline under $100 or try Hotwire.com. Any 4 star hotel is great. Then spend your savings on truly memorable meals.