Any opinions on Stardust?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! I am going to Vegas for a wedding the weekend of April 30. I am hoping to find an inexpensive, clean room. I don't need 'themes' or great buffets, just a nice place to lay my head between wedding festivities. The best rate I've found ($119/nt) is at the Stardust and I understand there is a free shuttle that takes you up the strip (the wedding is at the Venetian). Anyone have an opinion on the stardust, both on the rooms as well as the ease of access to the Venetian area of the strip?
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:33 PM
KVR

We stayed at the Stardust in June, 2003. Great hotel. Location could be better. We were in the West Tower standard room. Nice, clean, comfortale. Great view of the Strip. At the time, the Wynn Hotel was just under construction, and we could see it clearly. The East Tower has outside balconies with a view of the pool area. We would have preferred one of those rooms. There pool area very nice. Twin whirlpools excellant. For June it wasn't even crowded, so we liked that. We don't gamble much, but love Keno. They have a great Keno lounge. Also good VP with a double up feature. Have never seen that feature at any other hotel. Avoid the buffet and coffee shop. Yuck! Go across the street and eat the skillet breakfast at Peppermills. Very good. In the evening try their fireside lounge. Very nice.

I'm not familiar with a "shuttle up the Strip". There is a bus stop directly in front of the hotel. We walked to the Mirage and Ballys without a problem, but it is somewhat of a walk especially in the heat of June. April will be cooler.

We have pics of this hotel on our web-site if interested. Look under "Las Vegas June 24 - 27, 2003"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvelvn
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
KVR

oops, mis-typed the link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM

I agree with KVR, the food at the Stardust is not very good. The location is not bad if you want a strip hotel but still be away from the hustle & bustle; it's walking distance from Fashion Show Mall and the bus stop is across the street. The bus, incidentally, costs just $5 for a 24-hour pass; the strip bus is also $5 but it only goes up & down the strip so the bus pass is a better deal. You can use the bus to get to the downtown outlet mall.

As for the rooms.....hmmm, just basic, I guess. I used to go there with my parents 30 and some-odd years ago (back when the mob still owned Vegas) and when I went back last September, I felt like I had stepped into a time warp and that nothing had changed.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 04:34 AM

Stardust is away from the central hustle and bustle of the strip, so it's not a good location for many visitors, but if you're only going to the Venetian it's less than 1/2 mile from there, so not bad at all. Here's a map of hotels on the strip:

http://www.vegas.com/map.html

I don't know specifically what dates you're staying, but for that Friday and Saturday a room at the Imperial Palace is only $123/night (for 2 adults in the room) and it's a much more central location if you want to visit any of the rest of the strip while you're there.

Also, most vegas hotels have a 48-hour cancellation policy if you book directly through them, so you can book anywhere you find a good rate now, and keep checking other places to see if they get better. Join the hotel email lists and you'll get offers emailed to you for good rates as they become available.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all! Very helpful! I appreciate you taking the time. Viva Las Vegas.