Any Discounts for Inter-Island Helicopter Flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering doing the flight with the waterfall landing. Is anyone aware of any coupons or discounts for this flight? Is it worth the money?
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 04:21 PM

We did the helicopter trip last year and we looked for coupons but the only one we found was on their website (it was a special offer limited time thing)
Was it worth it....well it was alot more money than their regular flight.
We were a little disappointed with the sack lunch...we had a nicer lunch on our snorkel trip which was a lot less money.
That was my only complaint though...other than that it was great to have such a prime spot to yourself (and one other couple unless you charter the whole trip) I would do it again...this time I would bring reef shoes for a dip in the water(the bottom is filled with rocks that can hurt a bit) It makes for great photo ops and the pilots are more than willing to take picks etc.
The flight itself was amazing and interisland was really good to deal with...very professional and knowledgeable about the area. Dont be afraid to ask them to spin back around so you can make sure you got your photo of "Jurassic Falls" just right.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:38 AM
Original Poster

How many passengers (not including the pilot) can their helicopter hold? What was included in the sack lunch? How was it with no doors?
Thanks!
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:20 AM

I believe it holds four plus the pilot.
Not sure if five is possible but it wouldve been cramped.
The sack lunch was a pretty run of the mill turkey with lettuce & tomato. A piece of fruit and a bag of chips and a soda.I believe you could choos between type of sandwich but all on our trip looked about the same.
No doors was great. It allowed for better pictures. My wife was a little nervous at first but relaxed after just a few minutes into the flight.I believe they are the only company without doors so that is one plus for them as well.
Enjoy!
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:39 PM

Although we didn't do the waterfall tour, we did their hour tour around the island, and I couldn't recommend them more.

Seating plan for their bell jetranger helicopters is the pilot on the left front, one passenger middle front, one passenger right front. Then two passengers in the back.

For our flight my wife and I were in the front she was in the middle and thought it was great - it is in no way a bad seat - she could see well out both sides - and if i'd been sitting in her spot I could easily stretch both arms out of the cockpit either side.

Seating is arranged by weight so again in our instance we were the feather-weights and we had a larger American couple in the back, I would guess that they would put heavier people under the rotors (ie the back) although of course they'd want to balance weight sideways aswell.

BUT don't be concerned about where you sit with Inter Island!

Flying with no doors was excellent, I have no qualms about heights, so some may be a little apprehensive, but I think at those heights especially after a few moments you will tend to lose the height perspective and really enjoy the breathtaking scenery!

Have fun!

Matt Wilson
Sydney, Australia
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:44 AM
iceeu2

We were the heavy weights!! We sat in the back!! The sights are wonderful..we did the waterfall lunch tour. It's pretty scary with no doors, but definitely worth the money. I'm not sure I would take young children. If you want to save a bit...forget the waterfall landing with lunch. It's just a sandwich, fruit, soft drink, chips. Plus, on Kauai there are so many waterfalls! So, I would say.....definitely go with InterIsland, but skip the waterfall landing if you want to save a bit.