Any charming Carmel B&B's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking to get a gift certificate for my son's teacher (end of year gift) at a Bed & Breakfast in Carmel. Is there anyone that can recommend one? Expensive is fine too!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:52 AM

It's not technically a B&B, but the Lobos Lodge on Ocean is in a great location and breakfast is delivered to your apartment-like room every morning (for "free").

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Would Pacific Grove do? It is just a short drive to Carmel. There are two Victorian Bed and Breakfast establishments across the street from the Bay, around Lover's Point, so of course some rooms have views. Green Gables Inn and Seven Gables Inn. Google them and see what you thinkg.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Tickle Pink Inn. (Not cutzy cutzy coo tickle, but hte name of its original owner.) See their web site. My son and his wife loved it here. It's right in downtown Carmel, but just south of there off Highway One, next to the Highlands Inn (where you can get a wonderful dinner).

What a lovely gift idea! Your son must be fortunate to have this teacher--and the teacher is fortunate to have a family that's appreciative of his/her hard work.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM

We stayed at the Carmel Garden Court for my daughter's wedding (almost 2 years ago):
http://www.carmelgardencourtinn.com/
Some of the wedding guests stayed at their sister inn, the San Antonio House, and were also very pleased.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:50 PM

We have stayed at many places in Carmel and the Pacific Grove/Monterey area. Our favorite B&B is the Cobblestone Inn in Carmel. The hospitality and service was wonderful and so were their breakfasts. It was one of the most wonderful B&B's we have ever stayed at. It was our anniversary, and they sent us complimentary champagne, flowers to our room, and it is very quaint with the rooms built in a u shape around a cobblestone courtyard.
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM

We enjoyed the Tickle Pink Inn, gorgeous views of the coastline here and they have nice amenities such as robes, a hot tub, wine and cheese reception, etc.

La Playa is also very nice with gorgeous grounds, it is walking distance to the beach and shops in Carmel. La Playa is a Historic Hotel, they have a website. ***kim***
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM

My daughter just stayed at the Pine Inn and loved it.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM

sorry, i left out the word "not" re: location of Tickel Pink Inn. it is NOT in downtown Carmel.
The other child stayed at Tradewinds, which apparently is gorgeous, and romantic, with an Asian ambiance. BUT their prices have gone up!!
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 08:48 AM

www.vagabondshouseinn.com is the website for a perenially highly-rated, romantic, charming B&B in the heart of Carmel, where you can walk to all the restaurants, galleries, shops, town beach. The cottage-style rooms are set around a lovely courtyard with seating, big tree, waterfall. Breakfast served in your room, wine & cheese every afternoon. The website shows good room photos, and there are other photos on www.tripadvisor.com , including mine. Two wonderful restaurants, L'Escargot and Casanova are only two short blocks away.