Any all inclusives in CA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for an all-inclusive resort in California for a vacation in August 08. Prefer "couples only" but not mandatory. We plan to use frequent flyer miles for the airfare, so we don't need flights included. Any suggestions appreciated. Near or on the beach would be great!
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
dmlove

I don't think there are any.

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM

I've only heard of Spa resorts as being all-inclusive...not "Club Med" style resorts.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM

How about a Ritz Carlton like the one in Laguna Niguel?. It's not a couples only or an all-inclusive - but probably the closest Calif gets to a resort.

In case the OP doesn't know it, there is no such thing as a private beach here in California. All beaches are open to the public, but sometimes you need to cross private land to get to one & that often presents a squabble.

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
www.montagelagunabeach.com

For both the Montage and the Ritz Carlton, you'd do best to fly into Orange County Airport.
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
dmlove

The OP was specifically asking about all-inclusive resorts, not super-luxury non-all-inclusive beach resorts.

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:40 AM

I think I stated that the Ritz Carlton is not an all-inclusive. The OP made no mention about price.

>> It's not a couples only or an all-inclusive <<

I used to live in Laguna Beach, which is close to the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel, and my parents lived in Laguna Niguel. As far as I know, there are no all-inclusives up here around the SF Bay Area or down in Orange County. I was trying to come up with what I thought would be the closest to what the OP was looking for.

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:50 AM
dmlove

Stu, I was actually addressing the next poster after you...sorry.

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:00 AM

I'm curious if there are any "all inclusives" in the US.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM
lvk

I don't know of any traditional "AI" beach resorts in CA, either. There are some guest ranches, eg: Alisal, which include meals.

jbass, I think Club Med operates an AI resort in Florida. They also used to have one in Crested Butte, CO.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
KVR

The Club Med Sandpiper is a family oriented all inclusive hotel in Florida. Located in Port St. Lucie between Orlando and Miami. Here's their web-site:

http://www.clubmed.us/cgi-bin/clubme...R=08H&CODRUB=1

I found some package deals in Hawaii that are sorta all inclusive. They included a few meals, a few drinks, and some tours, but nothing like a true AI you'll find in the Caribbean or Mexico.

The Ceasar Pocono Resorts in PA hotels include all meals, but no alcohol beverages.

Besides Club Med in Florida, I've not found any true AI hotels in the US like what is available in the Caribbean or Mexico.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM

I think there are resorts in Ojai that are all-inclusive.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Jbass, the Inn at Blackberry Farm in Walland Tennessee is all-inclusive except for alcohol and tip. It is knock your socks off great. Food is outstanding as well as service. Various activites such as fly fishing lessons, biking etc. are included. There are some extra charges such as horseback riding. You can eat as much as you want. I've been there twice and it really is lovely.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Are there any all inclusives in the US besides Florida? We are from Florida and want to travel possibly to Colorado or California. Any help is appreciated.