Anniversary Weekend in Napa

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anniversary Weekend in Napa

My husband and I will celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary in Napa Valley the third week in October and have many questions. We will arrive in SF on thursday night and will stay through saturday morning and then drive up to Napa. We only have 2 days and are staying in the town of Napa (couldnt find anyplace in Calistoga or Yountville that was under 350.00 and/or available!) I am wondering what the traffic will be like on saturday morning from San Fransisco and how early we should leave in order to get to some wineries on saturday afternoon. I am also looking for winery recommendations and an idea of what is a reasonable number to visit in one day. We are looking for a VERY LAID BACK trip but at the same time dont want to flail around and miss out on all the fun. We are also looking for restaurant recommendations, just casual dining but something that will give us the essence of California and wine country. Lastly is there anything else we need to know??
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:52 PM

We really love Tra Vigne. The place is beautiful and the food is right up your alley. Enjoy.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Happy Trails! We plan to go to Tra Vigne as it has been recommended by others so now we are really looking forward to it!
I realize from other posts I should be more specific regarding wineries. We like big reds and champagne as well as Sauvignon Blanc. Hopefully that helps. We would love to hear about any wineries that people have been to that are off the beaten path.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Our favorite winery is Peju which is in Rutherford. I love their Sav. Blanc, Merlot, and Cabernet. The winery has beautiful gardens, the tasting room is FUN! Lots of personality there. Schramsburg or Mumm would be good for champagne, or Domaine Chandon.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 04:34 PM

PS I think a maximum of 3 wineries ought to do it. After awhile, they all run together.

We have also used Platypus Tours. Don will arrange special tours of his favorite spots based on what you want to see and taste.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM
TahitiTams

We love Silver Oak, Rombauer and Joseph Phelps..
Have a wonderful anniversary!

Old Oct 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice to all, especially to keep it to 3 wineries - that will be hard to do!
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM

Cakebread is another great winery. Be sure to check out Yountville - darling town with great restaurants/cafes.