Search

anini beach house

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anini beach house

I was hoping someone would have information on the Nakea beach house. It is located at 4343 anini beach road. We are looking at it from Kauai vacation retals, although I have seen it listed in several other places.

After reading some information here, I want to be sure I am not too close to the camping grounds/polo field.

Any information on the area/house would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Maggie

Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:10 AM

I think it's round the bend and down the road from the campground -- but I'll do a drive-by later today and will post a more accurate location for you.

Found these other photos, too (most rental properties here on Kaua`i are handled by multiple agencies):
http://www.aninialoha.com/nakeahome/
http://www.serenity-rentals.com/kaua...front-pole.htm

Not sure how many people you'll be needing to accommodate, but the Punana Aloha house has received some great reviews from fodorites. It's set well back from the road -- little or no traffic noise, yet the ocean's right in front:
http://www.nakearentals.com/
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional links. I had seen those pictures as well. All the homes seem beautiful in the pictures. The other house also sounds wonderful, unfortunately we are a family of five and would need a bigger home.

With 3 kids (14, 3, 15m) I have read it is a calm beach for the young ones. But, I am a little nervous about the anini beach area after reading a few posts here about the campgrounds/polo field. The rental agency said it was 3/4mile away and 1/4 mile from the dead end. It is awfully nice of you to offer to drive by it.

Oh, we will be there for two weeks in June, 05. Thanks again for your help.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 06:15 PM

As I suspected, it's well beyond the campground/polo field area.

All of Anini is fringed by a reef -- no surf conditions to worry about at the shoreline, plus good snorkeling, too.

Have a wonderful visit to our Garden Island!
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

I can not thank you enough for driving by. That was so nice of you. I am so glad to hear it is well down the road.

Happy holidays,
Maggie
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 06:13 AM

Maggie, I don't know this house, but I rented one of the houses on the serenity-rentals website in 2002. At the time it was directly through the owner, but the caretaker was Therese, who seems to be the owner of Serenity. Anyway, she lives on Anini, and I highly recommend her. The house was immaculate upon arrival, she was available to answer any questions, even loaned us her dog (for porch sitting) and rented us her two-man kayak for a couple of afternoons. So if you do rent the house, perhaps you'd like to go through Serenity so you can get that good aloha care!