kauai rental choices- please advise ASAP

Old May 19th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kauai rental choices- please advise ASAP

hi all,
last-minute trip to kauai and we need help choosing which rental to book for a secluded, romantic escape.
1. hale anuenue: note this is NOT the one in poipu. it is a private home across the street from tunnels beach in haena. it's in a neighborhood. will it feel too populated?
2. wainiha river house. lush grounds with stream, secluded...short drive to nearest beach.
3. pama hale. haven't heard back from this guy yet. no phone number, only email. this was our top choice as it is secluded and a short walk to maloaa beach. can't find info on it anywhere outside of vrbo.com.
many thanks for any help.
best,
LB
Old May 19th, 2003, 05:25 PM

I don't know exactly which house #1 is, but I've stayed at a house in the same neighborhood. The houses are strung out along the road, mostly on fairly large lots with lots of vegetation and privacy, so it doesn't feel at all like being in a town. Tunnels is one of the most beautiful beaches on Kauai, as is the whole area. There's a fair amount of tourist traffic during the day, but once they're gone it's very secluded and peaceful.

#2 is probably even more private and romantic, but you lose the easy walk to the beach. Don't know about #3 - Moloaa Bay is nice, but I prefer Haena.
Old May 19th, 2003, 06:15 PM

Hedgerow, I know you didn't ask for more suggestions, but we stayed in a gorgeous beachfront home on Anini Beach in September. The homes you're looking at look private and secluded, and this house is more "beachy" but believe me we were left undisturbed, with a snorkle beach directly in front of the house!

The one we stayed at:
http://planet-hawaii.com/daystar/anini.html

Moloaa:
http://www.bestbeachhouses.com/moloaa/beachhouse.html
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM

Well Moloaa Bay is certainly secluded, a couple of miles off the main road and about zero parking unless you own/rent one of the properties. Pretty bay/beach, a nice setting overall.
Cheers
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the advice. we couldn't get pama hale and so we've opted for hale anuenue and proximity to tunnels.
thanks for the anini tip. we looked at a couple of really nice cottages there but we were advised that the beach is quite shallow and not great for swimming. sounds like you had a lovely experience, though.
I'll report on our stay once we've returned.
thanks again,
LB
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 04:40 PM

Hedgerow,
How was your vacation rental? I am looking at Haena houses as well and would love your opinion!