Search

Airfare to Hawaii for November Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airfare to Hawaii for November Honeymoon

Hi!!!

I am getting married in november and my fiancé and I have decided to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I have been checking flights from VA (where we live) to Oahu for past couple weeks and the lowest round trip ticket is $742 (United).. and it hasn't gone up or down.

My question is.. should I book now or should I wait? Is there any chance the price would go down????

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:47 AM

RT of $742 from the East Coast sounds pretty good to me.

And where are you planning to go in Paradise and for how long? It's a great place for a honeymoon and we loved going there for ours, way back when.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:47 AM

The other think is even if it does go down some, locking in now to the flights you want is an advantage.
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments!
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM

Sale prices for November probably won't pop up until mid-September. Are you willing to wait and wonder that long to save $80 per ticket?

On the other hand, tickets are non-refundable and have steep change fees, so make certain you have the dates that you want before you lock in your fare. You don't want that "oh gee, I just realized there's no way we'll make it to the airport for 8pm if the reception doesn't start until 3pm".
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM

I like to use airfarewatchdog.com to check out price changes. Plus, you can check different airports.
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM

buy now. Doubt if they will be going down! Gone up tremendously since February when DH and I went to the BI(although we bought our tickets many months before that. We are planning on going for a few days to Honolulu next January and it was $636 on United which was the cheapest from SFO. Get it done and off your plate. I agree that the fare you are quoted is pretty good from VA. Great place for a honeymoon. we have celebrated several anniversaries in hawaii
If you are a member of COSTCO, they haave a great travel program online(costco travel.com). we have used them several times for Hawaii and saved several hundred dollars each trip
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:52 AM

Suggest you fly out the day after the wedding - so you are not rushing to make connections, etc. If you want to try and spend a little extra time in Paradise - consider taking a red eye flight home.