Honeymoon Help!! Btwn Seasons!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, we need your help!! We are desperately trying to find a location(s) to take our honeymoon this late November (20th).. It seems to be a bad time to travel. I've been on the net for days trying to find something to suit us that is available. Here is our challenge:

I am formally from Toronto Canada until the last 5 year when I moved to the Barbados in the Caribbean where I met my fiancé. This is where we live. The wedding will be here. I like city, shopping, culture things where my fiancé is a very active outdoors guy.

I've read lots about medd. cruises but they all seem to stop Nov 5th.. and the weather end of Nov/early Dec looks poor. So that takes care of a lot of Europe. The Caribbean is out. We live here. It would be no different. Hawaii might have a south pacific feel but might be too commercial for us?

ANY TIPS would be helpful....seems to be a tricky time of year..(in between seasons!)

Thanks very much in advance!!!!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM

Paris! The weather wasn't THAT nasty when I was there at the end of November in 2003...and besides - its PARIS.

Outdoorsy boy can stroll with you ...
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
rex

Our daughter and new husband married in November last year. San Antonio and Austin proved to abe just right.

Whatever your decision, congratulations on your new life in marriage... and...

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:49 PM

"Hawaii might have a south pacific feel but might be too commercial for us." Certain parts of Hawaii are commercial, esp. Honolulu, but you can avoid them with some research and planning. Even in Honolulu, it's possible to be very much "away from it all." But then again, I love Hawaii and am rather biased.

You may have already considered and rejected this idea, but you could wait to take your honeymoon until the weather where you really want to go is better.

In any event, have a great time with whatever you choose and congrats.

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
ira

Hi ns,

You can't go wrong with a week in Paris and a week in Venice and vicinity, even in November.

Cheap flights between Paris Orly and Venice Marco Polo are at www.myair.com.

Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:46 AM

We went on our Honeymoon on the 19th November 2001, we went to Hua Hin in Thailand for 9 nights, the weather was fantastic. Ok beach, most hotels have plenty of pools and gardens. plenty of activities also. treks etc.
Then spent 2 nights in Bangkok and 5 nights in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is excellent for both shopping and outdoors. Peak, other islands etc. Would do the trip again in a flash.

We also looked at Dubai but Ramadan was on at that time that year. Would have something for both of you though including weather.

South Africa is another option also.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:15 AM

What about a safari in Kenya? They have mild weather almost year-round and there are several reputable companies that offer luxury romantic tours.
I did a more rustic safari in 1995 as a teenager but I'd go back in a heartbeat and stay at some of the gorgeous lodges we saw (on the way to our campsites ;-))
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
rex

Bringing your message back up "to the top" since you are new here (to the Europe forum)...