Search

Airboat Swamp Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Bons

Airboat Swamp Tours

Anyone used Bayou Airboat Tours? Any recommendations on other airboat tours? Also, considering Destrehan tour. I have already been to Laura & Oak Alley. Is this one worth the time? Thanks

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:24 AM
E.

I have always liked Honey Island Swamp Tours. The guides are knowledgeable, and they're not kitschy--i.e., they avoid music, drinks and all that.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:57 AM
xkxk

Airboats scare off the animals.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Jim

I agree, Honey Island is great, but I dont think they use airboats? Sure, Destrehan is worth a visit its also the closest to New Orleans. I'd also recommend Madewood and Nottoway and San Francisco.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 09:35 AM
E.

Whoops, you're right,Jim, I didn't read the original post closely enough. Hoeny Island doesn't use airboats, b/c they do indeed make too much noise for wildlife spotting--HI uses big flat-bottomed motor boats with dinky little outboards, and they go slowly and quietly along. If a good tour is the priority, go with Honey Island. If you insist on an airboat, well, I don't know!