Search

Air Fare Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Fare Search

I've come to the experts with this question and I'm hoping someone can suggest something that I haven't already tried or thought of. I know about most of the airfare search sites, learning many from this site. I still manage to find the best ones on the airline's own website. I make a regular trip from MHT to LIT at least twice a year and have managed to come up with a decent $$ until this year. I realize all too well of the increases due to gasoline charges but fares really seem out of hand right now. What I'm asking is if anyone can make a suggestion or tell me from past experience just WHEN the best time is to check sites for the lowest fares. I've always been told that Tues. & Wed. were the best but I'm beginning to think that there is NO good time. Any ideas??? Thanks.

Cissy
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:55 AM
J62

I checked on Orbitz for a random date in April and it showed $276 RT on Delta, NWA, or CO. Sounds like a reasonable fare to me.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks J62 - I should have mentioned that this is for travel 5/12-5/21/06. So far, Orbitz hasn't shown me any deals.

Cissy
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:43 AM
TC

Cissy, Might help if Fodorites know (we're all not quite so savvy as you on codes) that MHT in Manchester and LIT is Little Rock. Although this isn't relevent to your general question, it might be helpful answering your specific question on that route.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:59 AM

For a pretty reliable way to find the lowest price, go to http://www.itasoftware.com/ and click on "looking for airfare". You may have to register first, but it's worth it. With the exception of Southwest, Jet Blue, and the "discount" airlines, this site lists all the different flight combinations (along with helpful comments) and prices. You must go to the airline (or a travel agent) to actually buy. They even include booking codes so your TA can duplicate the price.

Thanks to GoTravel for telling me about ITA in the first place.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

You're right, TC. My apologies. I just figured all Fodorites were savvy on these codes. But, let's face it, Manchester and Little Rock aren't exactly hot travel spots!

Cissy
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM

For me it's usually Wednesday early am hours (stay late till 1 am).

See also if the airlines have the fare watcher notifications like "ding" on Southwest.