Affordable Wailea condos?

Jul 1st, 2004, 10:09 AM
j12
Original Poster

Affordable Wailea condos?

I'm trying to find a place nice, cheaper, on the beach, in a nice part of Maui, I'm thinking, Napili, Kihei, or Wailea? Any suggestions? The condos I'm considering is Noelani, Napili Surf?? Thanks
Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:31 PM
sap

Well, you're not going to find any deals in Wailea, but you might in Kihei which is just a couple of minutes north. I think a guy with a screen name like "bdfamily..." just stayed at a place across from the Kamaole beaches that sounds great, if you can find his recent TR. The beaches in Wailea are so-o-o- nice. Actually, my impression was that the condos in Kihei are a little nicer and newer than those in West Maui, but I'm sure it all depends on the owner.
Jul 3rd, 2004, 05:42 PM

I highly recommend www.vrbo.com That's Vacation Rentals By Owner and I've never had a bad experience with any of the places I've rented.
Jul 4th, 2004, 02:47 AM

Wailea has many, many affordable condos, along with great beaches and views, though the term "cheaper" is relative. drhmaui.com offers 1 br garden views at Grand Champions starting at $180/night, 5th night free. Eulua, Palms and Ekahi are all very respectable properties, some units beach front, some front on Haleakala. Try an earnest web search and you'll find less expensive rates. Kihei has rentals in a wide range of prices and 3 great beaches, the Kams. It's also a real town, not Stepford on the ocean.
Napili is a stunning bay, as are the views, though the rentals are so close they virtually mount each other. And, in the winter (November-May) the swells in the bay may prohibit swimming.
Jul 4th, 2004, 05:33 AM
bonniebroad

Try Mana Kai Maui, right on the Wailea-Kihei line, on a great beach, the best of both worlds!

Jul 4th, 2004, 12:15 PM

Yes, SAP we stayed at the Maui Kamoale in South Kihei. Here's a plug for my trip report:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...amilyman&fid=1
Jul 5th, 2004, 12:55 PM

Grand Champions...not on the beach but some units on golf course with partial view of the ocean can be rented much cheaper that thru drhmaui.com. VRBO.com is the way to go...suggestion VRBO.com/38255