Accomodations with in-room jacuzzi?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I am searching for a resort/hotel/bungalow with a private jacuzzi on our lanai in Kauai, Maui or the Big Island for our honeymoon. I have been rather unsucessful. Some hotels offer this in the honeymoon suite but too much $$$ for our wallet. It doesn't have be opulent or glitzy - just want a little seclusion and romance. A Sea Ranch Cottage at Hotel Hana Maui sounds great but pricey.

Anyone know where I can find this on any of these islands?
Thanks.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:13 PM

LoriDori: Here's a link to another thread I posted to, listing several Hana alternatives. The Hamoa Bay House (the bungalow was unavailable but has a treehouse look and outdoor jacuzzi) was the most romantic place I've ever stayed in, and instead of a jacuzzi they have a Japanese granite soaking tub, so calm and beautiful with a big picture window with distant views of the sea...aaahhh! Oh, and to top it off, they have a stone outdoor shower...mmm! Happy honeymooning! (It was our 25th!)

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34369252
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
gyppielou

Loved, I mean loved Hamoa Bay House when we stayed there about 4 years ago. Great cooking kitchen, great bed, great japanese stone tub!!!! Aloha! But understand Loridori, secluded Hana is a place to be savored.

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Joan and gyppielou for your responses and the link posted. I reviewed the link and Hamoa does sound soooo perfect. I just called though and Robin told me that the owners book the resort for themselves for the entire month of July and sometimes the beginning of August! So she will have to get back to me but the price is right ($195 for the bungalow).
There are 2 rooms that also might work at the HanaHale - the Pondside Bungalow and the Bungalow Villa ( $160 and $200 a night).
I think the cheapest room with a jacuzzi at Hotel Hana is $595 (Deluxe ocean view Sea Ranch w/ Spa). Yikes.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

And how about Kauai? Anyone know of cute places like these on that island? Kauai was were I was planning on doing all the relaxing so it would make more sense for a secluded, romantic, hideaway on that island instead. In Maui, we might feel the urge to sightsee and take advantage of all the activities, therefore making the accomodations less important, no?
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 09:48 AM

LoriDori,

If you want a private jacuzzi to accomodate 2 people. be sure to ask.

Some jacuzzis are really small.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 11:48 AM

Lori, if $400 is in your price range, check out this place (if not, don't even look - it will be toooo painful - they're that beautiful):

http://www.secretbeachkauai.com/#SB1
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Wow - good call on the 2 person jacuzzi question. I never even thought to ask! I find Hawaii difficult to plan for b/c there are just so many beatiful places on each island and having never been there I can only use my imagination as to what to expect.

I checked out the secret beach in kauai and that is beautiful as well. How come our travel agent hasn't mentioned any of these places? I feel like they just want to book you in the big chain hotels....

Anyway, I am sitting with my fiance tonight or tomorrow to review all the womderful options and websites everyone here has provided me. Thanks again! : )
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 01:36 PM

The last time we stayed in Maui 2002 we stayed at a cute b&b in Lahaina -- The Guest House www.mauiguesthouse.com. Nothing overly fancy but not shabby at all either. Each room has a 2 person round jacuzzi on your private lanai. Not a lot of jets but heck, it was fine. It was only $129 per night & we'll definitely go back. The staff was incredible. It's worth a look-see.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your posts. We are leaning toward Hamoa Bay Bungalow. We are concerned about distance from the beach, from town, from anything? Most importantly, the beach. Walking distance? Is it a smooth sand, swimmable beach?

Our alternative is Ka'anapali Beach Hotel - much busier, nothing over-the-top, but on a great beach, right?

Our first time to Hawaii so we really don't know what to expect so any help is always much appreciated.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 07:42 PM

Hi LoriDori!
When we stayed at Hamoa Bay House, we walked to the beach a couple of times. It's not far as the crow flies, but you had to walk around a small pasture, it took around 20 minutes to get to Hamoa Beach. It's a beautiful walk, and the beach is gorgeous. It's very famous, there's a good description in Maui Revealed. It was very calm when we were there...we had hoped to bodysurf, but not in Sept I guess. It rained alot, but we walked and hiked anyway. So green! There's no town to speak of, but you must go to the general store. There is one of everything in that store. Also, we went to Sunday buffet at Hotel Hana Maui...food was so-so (I heard it's better now), but the highlight was seeing a children's hula performance. It was very touching. Bring some food with you, the "house" had a stocked pantry (spices, coffee, etc) and you could cook some memorable meals there, if that appeals to you. Be sure to explore the grounds, there were wonderful flower and herb gardens on the far side of the house. Enjoy!

P.S. If you haven't found anything on Kauai, here's where we stayed on Anini Beach...across the tiny road from the beach, jacuzzi was inside the master bath, whole front of house was screened sliders...aaaah!
http://planet-hawaii.com/daystar/anini.html