Search

18 Yearolds In NOLA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 Yearolds In NOLA

This summer my friends and I are planning on road tripping around Louisiana. We plan on using motels and such around Louisiana but want to go all out in New Orleans. We are all 18 and need help finding a moderately fancy hotel (3 or 4 stars) that will allow 18 yearolds to check in. We are also open to smaller more intimate type hotels, we're really just looking for a somewhat more-luxurious-than-normal experience. We were looking to spend most of our time in the French Quarter if that helps.
Thank you!
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 03:16 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Many properties if not most, will not allow 18yo's check in. Some make exceptions for active duty military.

And you say 'moderate' and 4 star . . . Most 4 star places are upscale. What is your actual budget?

You might be able to find airbnb's but most of them will also have age restrictions.

I'd check out hostels.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 09:06 AM

Not allowing 18 yr olds to check into hotels is news to me, that's the legal age of majority to enter into contracts. In DC, many of the hotels I know allow that. Even the hotel membership groups allow you to get a card when you are 18 (like IHG Rewards Club). I'm sure they wouldn't allow that if most of their hotels didn't allow 18 yr olds to book a room. I know Kimpton hotels allow it. Some hotels may not, sure.

But I think the big issue is whether you have a credit card or not. If not, then I think you may be out of luck checking into most if not all hotels.

Many supposed 4* hotels (I say supposed but there is no official system for that in the US, different websites and groups make it up) in the US are not what I would call "upscale", just full service chain business hotels.

The 4* or so Loews in New Orleans allows 18 yr olds to check in, for example. I really don't think the age will be a dealbreaker if you have a credit card and do some advance research, that's all. Maybe more hotels in NO don't allow 18 yr olds because it is such a big party town, don't know. But I know some hotels do.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 10:30 AM

Christina seems to have specific information for DC hotels, but everywhere else, many hotels do not allow checkin unless there is someone in the party over 21.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 11:00 AM

Christina gave specific information about New Orleans. She is correct that the Loew's NO will let 18 year olds check in.

How do I know? I am SO SICK AND TIRED of the mindless naysaying that goes on around here that I live chatted with Loew's just now.

<the check in age for this property is 18 years old. They will not have an issue checking in>

So, sf and Janisj, you are the ones who seem not to know what you are talking about. I really think you should stick to answering questions that you actually know the answer to--what a concept!--instead of making stuff up or relying on ancient hearsay.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 11:31 AM

I Did not said no hotels allow 18 yo's to check in. I specifically said 'many'' and MANY do not. I wasn't mistaken, and you are just off on one of your usual rants.
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Well, just to be perfectly clear, Loews may (or may not) have this policy on a chainwide basis, but I checked Marriott and it's on a hotel-by-hotel basis.

So, to the OP, do check with the particular hotel you choose.
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 10:57 AM

Kathryn, ignore all of the bickering.... you might start by checking kayak.com and filtering what you want~how many stars, location, amenities~and if you find something you like, call the hotel directly and ask if there is a minimal age for check-in.

What do you plan to do while in New Orleans?
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 02:03 PM

The OP has deleted her account so probably isn't looking any longer . . .