1/2 $ TKTS for Broadway Matinee

Old Aug 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/2 $ TKTS for Broadway Matinee

We will be looking for discount tickets for a Wednesday matinee in NYC in November. However, we won't be arriving until Wednesday morning. The websites say matinee tickets are sold the afternoon before. So... how can we get discount tickets the day of a matinee? We don't have our hearts set for any particular show, but it would be nice if we had a choice between 2 or 3. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM

There is a great article on this web site about how to get discount tickets:
CRSHotels.com. Go to Destinations, and click on New York. Have fun!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:17 PM

The Times Square Booth of TKTS sells day-of-performance tickets only.

TKTS accepts only cash, travelers checks or TKTS Gift Certificates. Both locations sell tickets at 50%, 35%, and 25% off full-price (plus a $3.00 per ticket service charge, which helps support other TDF services and programs). Availability and ticket inventory change throughout the day and at the discretion of individual productions.

Locations, Hours, and Transportation

Times Square

Temporary location at the Marriott Marquis Hotel during the renovation of Duffy Square: West 46th Street between Broadway and 8th Avenue

Hours:

For matinee performances: Wednesdays and Saturdays: 10am - 2pm Please note: no evening tickets are sold from 10am to 2 pm at Times Square.

Public Transportation:
By subway:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, N, R,W, A ,C to Times Square

They will always try to sell you the most expensive tickets first. Just remember to ask what the least expensive seats are for the show you choose and where they are located. Remember, the earlier you get there Wednesday morning, the more choices of shows there will be. Also, people usually start lining up about 8:30 or 9a.m. But don't despair, I have gone at noon and still found something I wanted to see.

Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM

I'd suggest trying some of the websites that sell tickets. You can get an idea of what shows are playing at www.playbill.com.

There is a second location for TKTS in the South St. Seaport. I know they sell matinee tickets the day before, so you might check the www.tkts.com website to see if they are still available on Wed morning.

The other option you have is to go to an evening show and get your tickets at TKTS when you arrive. I'd suggest going to the downtown location (most NYers use that location), since it opens early and there is rarely a long line, then head to Chinatown for lunch.

Have a great time while you are here.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 08:15 PM

indietraveler2 is here marketing his/her website.

Hey indie, PAY for your ads you bum!
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody! I guess we'll be able to find them same day as matinee at the Times Square booth. Funny, the websites I saw didn't seem to read that way - but I am definitely relieved!
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Dreamer -- maybe you were looking at info for the downtown TKTS booth near the South Street Seaport? At that location only, you can purchase tickets for the weekend matinees (not sure about Wed) the day before.