Search

where to go?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to go?!

I think i am posting in the right forum...this is my dilemma. I want to go to the caribbean for our next vacation, my boyfriend is over the caribbean. Where in the world can we go that will satiate both of our needs?
I want:
GORGEOUS water.
decent lodging
cool nature, flora & fauna
warmth (temps over 68 degrees, farhenheit.)

he wants:
anything but mexico and the caribbean.

one possible dilemma is that he is afraid of flying, so the longer the flight, the more difficult for him. its not a strict NO, but its something to consider.
Budget: around $3500 total. (airfare, accomodation, food if possible) We fly out of philadelphia international. length of stay, 7-8 days. planning to go in may for scheduling purposes. MIGHT be able to finagle july...not sure.

so where in the world could we go?
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 03:34 AM

Have you considered Bermuda? Relatively short flight from Philadelphia area (overall time about 4 hours) but it does require a stopover. If you can fly out of the NYC area airports then flight is a little over 2 hours.

Since you've ruled out the Caribbean take a look at the Florida Keys or perhaps the West Coast of Florida - Naples, Sanibel, Captiva come to mind.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:32 AM

What about Hawaii? I haven't been, so I can't recommend anything, but it sounds like it would fit both your criteria?
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM

Belize
Panama or Costa Rica on the Pacific side
Florida Keys
Puerto Rico (I know it's Caribbean but if you want beautiful water, that's where it is)
Hawaii works, but that's a 10 hour plus layover trip, so that may not go over too well...
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM

Belize
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:22 AM

How about Indonesia? Bali is beautiful (bit touristy). Lombok is less touristy. Java has a lot of cool sites to see.
Micronesia has even better diving than the above if you like diving.
Even some of the islands off of Thailand (not Phuket) still feel unusual.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 11:19 PM

Hey have you ever been to Australia?Australia is just magical , the landscapes are absolutely breathe taking and the people are beyond friendly.The country is vast and there are so many places you can check out or take the help of tour guide .It is one of the best destination for holidays offering pristine beaches , nonstop amusement parks and landscape. I am sure you are going to enjoy the attractions and sightseeing opportunities. There are abundance of activities waiting for you and your partner and you guys will have an extraordinary experience ans return back with memorable moments.