Notices

Where can we go - Covid19?

Old Aug 1st, 2020, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can we go - Covid19?

Hi everyone,

I am from Vietnam but living in Sweden at the moment. I am new to the forum and looking for travel related recommendation and advices. I like to travel to have good foods and learn about the destinations daily lives.

I am looking for a good source of official information of which countries have open the borders for Swedish citizen (not just inside Europe) but outside of Europe as well. Do any of you have any good websites for it?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 07:17 PM

The situation is changing so quickly I'd be real careful booking anything outside the EU. Worse case would be mid trip and find out the borders are shut. You don't even need to get sick.

At least within the EU you could rent/buy a car and head home.
Old Aug 4th, 2020, 08:36 AM

There are alot of countries open to Swedish nationals and/or those with Swedish residence permits at the moment. You can check each country's entry requirements in respect to COVID-19. I've been travelling to/from Sweden and Denmark from within Europe for the past few months and most recently just came back from Italy (a trip that was booked before COVID-19). The situation does indeed change frequently and can be hard to keep up with those changes but it has never been a short notice or overnight change (IME) so far.