Tropical Getaway Suggestions Needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I want to take a tropical vacation for our 50th wedding anniversary in 2020. Looking for a safe place to spend about 8 days that has a lush tropical feel full of flowers and tropical birds. Doesn't need to be near the beach. Kinda like Hawaii but not that expensive! Thanks!
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 12:55 PM

When will you be traveling? Where would you be flying from? How long are you willing to travel to reach your destination? Since you implied the Hawaii is too expensive how much money are you willing to spend on airfare and accommodations?

There are are hundreds of locales all over the world that are lush, have a tropical feel and have tropical flowers and birds so answering the above questions will help us steer you in the right direction.

Old Jul 28th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

We are open to a month that would be best at the area. Anniversary is in August but anytime in 2020 would be good for us. Hoping to spend about 8 days or so there and around $200-250 a night for 2 adults only. Something not farther than it is to Hawaii would be nice. Flying out of Austin, Texas. Airfare about $1,200 or so for two. round trip. We have looked into some places but haven;t found the combination of lush tropical flowers which my wife loves and tropical birds, my passion! Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 05:34 PM

Check out the area around Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rico - it has everything you are seeking.

Roatan and Belize may also fit your needs.

Also consider doing a river cruise along the upper Amazon in Peru - you’ll find hordes of wildlife, dozens upon dozens of species of tropical birds and all types of exotic flowers and plants. We did our trip with Aqua Expeditions (https://www.aquaexpeditions.com) and had a fantastic time.

Last edited by RoamsAround; Jul 28th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 09:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Normally I'd suggest coastal Mexico, but not in August. And for the birdlife and lushness probably further south would be good.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 09:16 AM

I've been to Langkawi island in Malaysia and it was really cheap and beautiful.