Search

"Girl's weekend" - help please!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:08 PM
rsn
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Girl's weekend" - help please!

My very dear friend is getting married at the end of May 2010. A few girlfriends and I want to take her away for a long weekend before her wedding. The bride lives in Boston and the rest of us live in Toronto. Any ideas other than Las Vegas? We are looking to relax and hang out, but also some night life or at least some good restaurants.

Thank you for your help!
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
rsn
Original Poster

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that we are in our mid and late 20s and we would like to spend under $1,000 (if possible). Thank you.
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Might be hard to keep it under $1000 but what about either NYC or Montreal? Both would be fantastic places to go with the girls for a weekend.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 02:59 AM

I'm not sure what the flights would cost you, but a friend and I just got back from Scottsdale, AZ the first weekend of June. The prices on the really lovely resorts were phenomenal. There were several four and five star places around the $100 to $125/night range.

We sat by the pool, shopped in Old Town Scottsdale, and even took a ride out to Cave Creek. We had a great time. Saturday night we ate outdoors in an area called Southbridge. We even had live music as we ate. We didn't hit any bars, but walked by some very trendy looking clubs.

Good luck!
H
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM

Sign up on Travelzoo, they offer some really great deals all over the U.S. And alot of times it includes airfare.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Depending on how many people are going, you should look into renting a house/condo/apartment. It will make it more feasible to keep it under $1000 a piece.

For my bachelorette, my friends have rented a beach house on the coast of North Carolina- it's a good way to shop, lay out, relax, laugh, and just have a good time. Depending on cost of flights, flying into Wilmington, NC or Charleston, SC will give you a lot of fun options for going out on the town as well (but not nearly as "hopping" as Vegas).

If you want something with a faster pace, you could always look into Miami and South Beach.

Have you guys thought about Chicago? It's a fun city as well... it just depends on what you're looking for...
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:20 PM

Renting a house is always a great way to spend a girls' vacation -- you have everyone there together and you can relive your childhood sleepover memories. It also usually ends up being much cheaper than several hotel rooms. Try homeaway.com or vrbo.com.

Chicago makes a great city getaway as well -- be sure to hit a Cubs game (bleacher seats are the most fun) and check out the street festival schedule. There's always something fun going on in the spring and summer.
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:39 AM

Consider Santa Fe. Good places to stay, good food, good museums, history, and if you have outdoorsy types, drive over to Bandelier NP for some hiking in the ancient ruins. Post on the US forum for more suggestions.
Old Jun 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
rsn
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I will definitely look into renting a place and will get feedback from the rest of the girls. We are looking in Vegas (can't beat the mix of pools and nightlife) and New Orleans right now, but are open to more suggestions. We have all been to Montreal (and had a great time), so looking for something a bit "different" for the special occasion.

For my bachelorette, my girlfriends took me to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake for an amazing weekend. We had a fantastic time!

Thanks again for the help! keep the suggestions coming!!
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 08:40 AM

How about NYC? You could have a fancy dinner and go to a show.