Search

Boys weekend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boys weekend

Hi,
I am trying to plan a boys weekend for my husband and his best friend. We live in Jacksonville. I wanted to keep the distance between 2-3 hours by car. I was thinking Savannah or Charelston. I want this to be a fun weekend. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to plan the whole thing for them. They both like great food, and the out doors. good shows too.
Thanks for help!
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 05:35 AM
GoTravel

I'd say a golf weekend in Hilton Head.

What kind of shows are you talking about? Broadway?

I'd have to drug my husband.

Old Feb 27th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Let me get this right. You are planning a stag trip for your husband and his buddy? Do you have a sister?
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 09:24 AM

Does he know that you are doing this? I can't think of an age where this would not be odd. A boys weekend....
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

I really didn't think it was odd. Haven't you heard of a girls weekend. The golf weekend sounds great.LOL Pugsly. It will be a vacation for me as well. I thought it would be a nice surprise for my husbands best friend. We are all so busy they never get any time to hang out anymore
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Woody - are you serious?

Do you really think Vegas (or Hilton Head or Mrytle Beach) is only visited by couples or bachelors?
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM

Beth: At the risk of sounding obvious, why not ask your husband and his friend what they'd like to do on their weekend?
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:42 AM

My husband and friend are old tractor enthusiasts (and owners) so they spend a weekend once a year at a big show which includes lectures as well as hundreds of old tractors to look at. You might check an events schedule to see what is going on that might match with their interests. Golf would be great if they golf. It took my husband years to figure out how to do his own trip planning but he has taken his dad camping a few times to see places like farm museums and logging museums that they both enjoyed. There must be some great fishing opportunities in your area, too.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

LOL I did ask my husband where he wanted to go. Vegas and the Bahamas were his picks. I was thinking a little closer to home. Keep the ideas coming.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Ryan, I think those visiting LV, HH, and MB could also include some spinsters. I have no problem with two guys doing anything. It's the concept of a wife planning "a boys weekend." If my wife planned "a boys weekend" for "my best friend" and me, wanted this to be fun weekend, and took into consideration that my best friend and I enjoy great food, the outdoors, and good shows, I would look at her as if she had lost her mind. If OP pursues this, she should consider matching caps and personalized windbreakers.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
GoTravel

If I booked my husband any kind of show whatsoever he'd have me institutionalized.

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 08:07 AM

Your husband told you where he wanted to go. Send him where he wants otherwise let him plan his own weekend.

Wife: Honey, where would you like go on a boy's weekend?
Husband: Vegas or Bahamas.
Wife: Okay, I think I'll send you to Savannah.
Husband: Ugh...
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

LOL I think I'm sorry I ever even asked!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM

Had you not asked the question, we would have missed ribeyefan's reply. You seem like a good sport...I think your husband would rather spend a weekend with you.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM

2 cents time.
Although Vegas is not a 3 hour drive, it is what he said he wanted and you can get some really good deals on airfare and rooms that may cost less than driving to Savannah or Charleston.

ribeye makes a great point. You are going to be disappointed when you spend all of this time (and perhaps money) arranging something that he doesn't appreciate.

Since the Bahamas were mentioned, you night want to take a closer look at renting a nice beach house in St. Augustine or Daytona (although it may be a little too similar to staying at home).

Good Luck