Search

Adventure honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 10:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adventure honeymoon

We are looking for a vacation, that is more of an adventure vs relaxing at the beach every day. Something with ruins, zip lines, hiking, views, unique things that are offered in country, all while being able to have our privacy and romantic time alone. Everything I have found so far seems to just pack people in a bus and you have a group that you stay with entire trip boys in one room girls in another. We don’t want to break the bank, something 5k or cheaper would be great. We are looking for ideas that would be safe, fun, romantic, and full of adventure and most importantly, something that has our days pre planned and organized.
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 11:51 PM

Well...what country are you "in"? does that $5000 include flights?

I don't think you're being realistic. That's not much money for a tour, although I would never consider a honeymoon tour, in that price range, you're looking at the kind of tour that includes crowd of young people packed on a party bus.

My friends went to Maui, rented a condo, booked a few adventure tours, did a lot of snorkeling and hiking. That is what I'd do in your shoes. Wouldn't have to be Maui, which would be a way to control your costs.You'd get your privacy and be able to pick and pay for exactly what you want.
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 09:33 PM

It is interesting that on your honeymoon you want your days pre-planned and organized, but maybe after planning a wedding, you want this to be easy. Anyway, what about Costa Rica? Now, to be honest, I have not been, but have looked at lots of tours and trips, and it seems both beautiful and exciting with lots of adventure activities.

I don't know if this link will work. If not, you can see this trip, and also look at many others by going to travelzoo.com. They scan for good, or interesting deals, show you what they are, then direct you to the website of the company offering the tour, etc. You will find lots of things there. I like booking things on my own, but for a package tour, it is a good place to start. This one is an adventure trip by gate1 travel, within your budget. It looks to be exactly what you are seeking.

https://www.gate1travel.com/specials...4-598896855874
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 09:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do independent travel. Not a tour. Mayan Riviera of Mexico offers everything you ask for.

I can't guess a budget for the trip since you don't mention your home country or state we have no idea what airfare might be to the different options we could suggest.
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>> . . . something that has our days pre planned and organized<<

Why do you want that? I personally think a group tour would be gawd awful for a honeymoon. Not just because you'd have little or no 'alone time' - but because you'd mostly be very regimented. Why not consider an AI (All inclusive) resort in Mexico or the Caribbean. You get the benefit of lots of activities so you can pick and choose which/when you do them but can also just veg out some days and lounge on the beach or by the pool.
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 01:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Everything I have found so far seems to just pack people in a bus and you have a group that you stay with entire trip boys in one room girls in another.

I can't help but wonder where in the world you are looking that you are finding this kind of information and program?!? Even on the "big bus" tours couples can have hotel rooms of their own.

For us to price this out for you with any kind of accuracy, you need to tell us you home airport.

AND the number of days/night that the 5k needs to cover.
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 04:56 AM

That would depend on where you stay now. But the one country that seems to fit the bill for me is Italy - no dearth of ruins there, plus it is endowed with enough countrysides for you to zip line and hike.
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 05:45 PM

Too bad the OP has not come back, but, depending on the itinerary, a cruise might work great, lots of excursions offered every day.
Old Mar 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Do the Inca Trail. Your days are planned. You hike all day. Great views but no zip lines. Ask for the end tent for privacy. Under 5k. Oh and lots of ruins.

Last edited by xcountry; Mar 22nd, 2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Forgot the ruins.