Where to go for Family of 5

Old Mar 25th, 2018, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go for Family of 5

Our family of 5 from the DC area (kids ages 15, 12, 10) are looking for places to go for some great snorkeling, cool hikes to waterfalls with swimming holes, maybe a horseback riding adventure, and maybe a dolphin adventure, with some relaxing time. We'd love to go to Hawaii but it might be too expensive at this point and I don't think that we will have enough time. We'd like to stay in a villa type place with hopefully a housekeeper/chef. We'd like a few different options so I can price things out when we get closer to that time frame. Where do you recommend that is safe to go?
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 10:09 PM

In your family, there are 3 kids so you have to go to Hong Kong and Macau holidays. At Hong Kong, your kids are enjoying at Hong Kong Disneyland. These both cities are full of fun, thrill, excitement and lots of surprises etc.
Old Apr 1st, 2018, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into Costa Rica and Belize.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

That's the 2 places I had on my mind. I heard that the snorkeling in Belize is much better but it is unsafe there. Do you have any knowledge of this? Costa Rica sounds great too though but I just want to make sure that there is some pretty good snorkeling since the kids are really looking forward to this!
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 12:48 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors motherdentite. If you are considering CR and Belize you might want to post your questions on the Mexico & Central America forum. Many more people will see a thread there than here on what is a 'general travel topics' forum. You also might want to post on the Caribbean board for other ideas.