travel agents in Argentina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a reliable travel agency in BA for two independent travelers who will spend two weeks in Argentina? All we want is accommodations and air tickets booked ahead of time. Has anyone heard anything about the Say Hueque agency?
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM

I very much recommend Isabel at Buenos Aires Tours. She's attentive, professional, and speaks very good english.

email:

[email protected]

http://www.buenosaires-tours.com.ar/
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 02:58 AM

Isabel is an independent local travel agent known for her good service.

You can research her by placing her name in the search feature you'll find here: http://tinyurl.com/nw9f4

Have a great time in our country.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Of course u may use a travel agent, but it is very easy to book everything on your own and save any TA fees. I had never used a travel agent until we did our first trip to SA a few years ago. I used Cinitia at Wow --at that time TA's got fairly significant discounts for the air fare, no more. Last trip I began with Isabel figuring the fee she charged would be made up for in the savings she could get. But after a few emails with Isabel, it turned out there really was no savings thru her for hotels or air fare, so I ended up booking my trip thru the internet and saved the fee Isabel charged. Both Cinita and Isabel were responsive, easy to work with and very professional.
Enjoy BA--its a wonderful city!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Another vote for Isabel. She is amazing. I would always use her.
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 06:20 AM

Hands down, Isabel is the best! She helped us plan a 2 month tour of Argentina. Isabel spent a huge amount of time finding us great and reasonable places to stay. She also suggested places that we might be interested in visiting. Since we were on an extended trip (6 months), our budget didn't allow us to stay in the "best" places. Isabel came through with very reasonable places that were great. What makes her so special is that she takes a personal interest in your trip. She always checked to make sure that we had arrived at our destination safely and often called ahead to remind the inn keepers of our arrival. She speaks English and is so very easy to work with. We would use her again without hesitation.
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM

According to the reports I have read about her, the value of Isabel's service is NOT in the discounts she may or may not get. It is in the fact, mentioned above by jayhawk64, that "she takes a personal interest in your trip." For instance, she tells you if your flight is delayed and that kind of thing.

Have a great time in our country, mchumel.
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM

The value of most travel agents isn't the discounts (that's why internet discount sites exist) -- the value is in getting advice, trip planning, and an added layer of expertise for those who are not comfortable winging it on their own due to any factor.. including language barriers.
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 11:14 AM

I have no doubt that Isabel takes wonderful care of her clients. I know that Cinitia did when we used her. The reason I worded my post the way I did was in response to the statements in the OP. They stated they are "two independent travelers" who furthered stated "All we want is accommodations and air tickets booked ahead of time." That is why I mentioned the fee that is charged and the fact that one can easily do the same bookings online. If one is wanting additional services, then I would not have even responded.

so how r u, AV?
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM

Fine, yestravel, still at it, as you can see. How about u?
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 05:04 AM

Glad to hear that. things r good here -- wish we could get back down your waysooner rather than later. Maybe next year.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:15 AM

Great!

If things develop the way I believe they will, Argentina should, possibly during the next couple of years, become cheaper for tourists than it is at the present time.