Peru trip in late May clothing?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know to have a good hat, sunblock, and sturdy shoes. What else for a female on a 10 day Peru trip, especially for MP?
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM

layers can get towards freezing at night

rain pancho light Gore-Tex hikers...

money belt...buddy system.
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Aleta - I am doing a ten day trip in June - would be interested to hear what you found useful clothingwise when you get back!
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:32 AM

Just returned from 9 day trip. Go all casual - everyone is in hiking shoes,caps, etc. We never had to worry about hair & makeup. It was great. We didn't use our rain ponchos except at Macchu Picchu. We returned 4/24 and the days were very warm. Cusco was cool in the evening. Just layer with a fleese vest and windbreaker. WE discovered we had to wash more as you got hot & sweaty during the day. We took too many cotten long sleeves and jeans My advice: 3-4 long sleeve Magellen/Columbia windshirts. 3-4 Magellen/Columbia windpants. Most zip to shorts or capris. or roll up to capri length. Don't get the shirts or pants with cotten blend. They are hard to dry, hot, and stiffer than the acrilic blend. Fleece vest/jacket, rain poncho, hat/cap 1 pair jeans, t-shirts to wear alone or layer w/windshirts. One pair of shoes/hiking boots and maybe sandals. We took sandals but didn't wear them. Oh yes - make sure you take good socks to avoid blisters. You will get dirty so take a small bottle of laudry detergent or put some in a ziplock bag so you can rinse stuff out at night. Everyone was wearing capris and shorts w/hiking shoes. We went to the Montestery hotel in Cusco and all the patrons in the bar were dressed in sweaty hiking clothes and ballcaps. Keep all you items in your moneybelt and take a small daypack for water, cameras, etc. My husband got his backpack slit in Cusco but not enought to get anything stolen. Be careful and just stay together. We never felt endangered just be aware of the people around you and keep and eye out. Enjoy and don't overpack!
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. I'm traveling with a tour group, so even though I'm single woman should be fine.
Old May 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM

where in cusco was your husband's backpack slit?