Local flights in Argentina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long before a flight should we be at the airport for a local Aerolinas Argentias flight? We are arriving from the US on Continental at 10:20 AM in Buenos Aires, and then transfering across town to the local airport (Jorge Newberry) to fly to Calafate at 2:30. Will this be enough time to clear customs, drive across town and be there in sufficient time for our flight?
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 03:37 AM

I believe you should be at the local airport at about 1 PM. I'll ask a friendly travel agent who posts here to tell us more precisely.

So, if your international flight is on time and nothing goes wrong, you should be OK.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 04:50 AM

Koala:

Dont know which is the day of this flight but many flights to Calafate have been posponed so check that before worrying so much. What day are you arriving ?

Being optimistic !! If your flight arrives on time and you tell staff you will be making a connexion in the other airport so that they can help you, everything goes quickly at the custom s and the traffic moves quickly on that day: you will have no problem whatsoever. Know that there are several stands for Remisse or Taxis services in the same hall. i.e Manuel Tienda Leon, Taxi Ezeiza, Transfers, etc. Any of the places INSIDE the airport premisses is reliable. As soon as you emerge in the big hall where people are holding notices head for any of them immediately It will take you one hour.
and you will be at the Newberry s in time for the flight.

If something complicates (plane being delayed. problem with your luggage, etc) and you see that you have not enough time, as soon as you are in the hall, go to the Aerolineas Argentinas counters in Ezeiza and ask them for assistance. they will have info about the departure time more clearly and if available they would place you in a later one The regulation states you ve got to be at the aiport 1 to 1:30 before the flight, but knowing about your situation they will be more lenient and quicker at the check in.

Again check the departure time again

good luck / milla
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM

And that was the most "friendly travel agent" I mentioned in my previous post.

Have great time in our country.
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Milla!
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 02:47 AM

Don't mention it, koala!
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM

I would say about 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs, the airport in argentina is pretty efficient but I would be there a little earlier just in case because you never know

-marcello
http://www.wanderingtrader.com