Iguazu Falls - how much time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We plan to spend 5 nights in Buenos Aires next year before boarding a cruise. I was thinking of spending the first two nights in BA, fly to Iguazu Falls for 2 nights and back to BA for 1 night. Does this sound like a good plan as this will be our first time to South America. I believe the cost for the flight is close to $400. and I hope we will feel that the money was well spent. We have seen Victoria Falls from both ground and air and it was amazing.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
IF is totally amazing...absolutely loved it. If u like cities BA is a really nice one, so u could see about spending just one night in IF instead of 2. U can easily see the ARg side if u arrive early in the day and leave late afternoon or early evening the next day. Just depends upon how u want to spend your time.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM

WE did exactly what Yestravel is suggesting. We took an early flight out of Buenos Aires one day, and a late flight back the next and I felt we had enough time in Iguazu Falls.
We splurged and stayed at the Sheraton to maximize our time. IT was well worth it.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 05:08 AM

www.spg.com Sheraton Iguazu Falls view room is AWESOME!

worth every penny www.despegar.com for cheap flights

Go for it!
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM

1 full day in IF is plenty. And it is incredible so dont miss it if possible. That said, I would do this: when you get into BA, fly immediately to Iguazu, stay one night then finish in BA for 4 nights. Less hotel changes this way.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM

I go for the original plan, krgystn´s plan if I understand it correctly is too much, arriving from overseas and fly inmediately to Iguazu , which btw involves change of airports, will get you
real tired and enjoying Iguazu will be a struggle.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

I also think it would be too much to get on another plane. I now need to decide if we will spend one or two days at the falls.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Hi Raelond!
In January, we stayed 3 nights in Bs As; then we took an early morn flight to Iguazu and stayed 1 night at the Sheraton and returned to Bs As the next evening. We had a fallsview room and we all loved our time at the falls. (We were 2 couples). We thought that it was a perfect amount of time. We then continued our visit in Bs As. Fabulous trip.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM

If you can stay at the Sheraton, one night is fine. You can see the Falls from your room, the hotel is IN the park. If you stay outside of the park, then 2 nights might work better so you can see everything and not feel too rushed.
Breaking up the stay in BA will work nicely if you go for one or two nights, but I personally would have hated thinking I could have been in BA longer so one night will maybe be better.
It depends a lot on how much you want to see in the short time you are here.
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM

Two days would be more appropriate for a stay at Foz do Iguazu. When I was there, I stayed on the Brasilian side at the Tropical Das Cataratas which is in the park. On day two my guide arrived and took three of us, a couple from Israel and me, to the Argentine side.

After we'd separated from our wonderful guide to be on our own for a period of time, we went to the Sheraton and took in the views on this side of these super-magnificent falls. They were awe inspiring which led us to take two addditional tours of them-- one of these boat tours allowed us to be under them for short spurts. I shall always, always remember this experience.

Give yourself two days, perhaps three if you desire to visit the wonderful dam and other highlights of the area!