trips from BA

Old May 24th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trips from BA

My husband and I are going to Argentina for a week.

If we make a trip to Iguazu falls, is one night/two days enough time? Are there early morning flights from BA to there? And good pm options for return flights? What is a good travel agency to contact for a package deal (flights, hotel, boat tour??) Is it worthwhile to make a trip over to the Brazilian side?

Is it doable to visit Montevideo in one day from BA?

Thanks!
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM

My wife and I spend three days at the Iguazu Falls, several years ago. I'm not sure the flights from Buenos Aires, but dont short yourself in that trip. You'll see one of the most beautiful scenes of your life. Watching the falls from the argentinian and brazilian sides are different experiences. In the argentinian side you are on the falls; in the brazilian side you are able to see the from a short distance. Words can no discribe the beauty of Iguazu Falls.
Regarding Uruguay, I recommend you visit Colonia del Sacramento, Montevideo and Punta del Este. Enjoy your trip.
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:01 AM

You might want to read the recent post by hobbes entitled "Iguazu Falls, Aerolinas, and Travel Agent". Her adivce on the Asia site is always good and this report was helpful for making plans for my up-coming trip.
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:37 AM
dona

In December we spent 2 nights visiting the Falls staying at the Sheraton which is in the Park. For us that was a good amount of time to see everything on the Argentine side. We did not go over to the Brazilan side. I don't know what the flight times are now, but we took the earliest flight (mid-morning) from BA to the Falls and arrived at the Sheraton in the early afternoon allowing us some time to see the Falls the first day. We went out at 8:00 am the second day and spent most of the day walking the trails, viewing the Falls, taking boat rides and taking one tour of the jungle in the late afternoon. We definitely took our time during the 2 days there. We left the next morning on the first flight out, again I think mid morning. The boat tours can be booked at the Sheraton as well as other places so they don't necessarily need to be a part of your tour. We used Cinita for the booking the air fare to the Falls. We booked the Sheraton on their web site (got a good rate) and grabbed a cab at the airport to take us to the Sheraton.
We considered going to Montevideo, but were advised that it was more than a day trip.

Old May 25th, 2005, 06:07 AM

Thank you Jane for the message! Glad to know people are reading my posts. IMO 2 days at Iguazu is doable but stretched and only doable if you take the first morning flight BA to Iguazu and it is on time and the last evening flight back and do not go to the Brazilian side. If I were on a very tight schedule - which I was - I would do it rather than miss it. Don't expect it to be relaxed though. What are your plans in BA? 5 days in BA is just about enough for everything that needs to be done IMO.
Old May 26th, 2005, 01:22 AM

another note: If you are going to do only one night/two days at Iguazu, by all means stay at the Sheraton since you will already be in the park and able to explore immediately without the hassle of going back and forth to town.....

5 days enough time in BA? Well, only if you are interested in just hitting the highlights...There are endless things to do in BA....like most really big cities....I like exploring the variety of neighborhoods, the restaurants and shows, soccer matches, etc...so for me 5 days is not enough....but if cities aren't your thing, certainly you can see the major sites in 5 days...
Old May 29th, 2005, 06:28 AM

One thing to keep in mind since your travel time is tight... flights to Iguazu usually leave out of the domestic airport (Newbery) which is about an hour's drive from the international airport (Ezeiza). If you were planning on hopping right from one plane to another I thought this would be helpful... you need to leave yourself plenty of time. But the falls are beautiful... you will love them. Take the high speed boat ride under the falls (you will get wet!) but don't waste your money on any of the other tours. Just hike all around and enjoy!