Gate 1 tour Vs. Peru Best Tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a 10 day Peru Explorer with Gate 1 tour company in April. I also so Peru Best Tours info posted by other members. I checked them both out and now I am more confused. I like Gate 1 as they give us more time in Lima. I can use some advice. Did anyone took Gate 1 tour?

Thanks,
Kalpana
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM

www.perubesttours.com Mike best local goes the extra mile.

Gate 1 NOT local subs their stuff out mixed reviews...
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM

I spoke with some people who were on a Gate 1 tour while I was on my Peru Best Tour. It was a typical out of the box tour. What I really liked about Peru Best is they totally customized what I wanted. If you want an extra day in Lima they can make it happen. And will be very reasonable in price too.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM

We have been working with Peru Best Tours for several months to plan an 11 day trip to Peru in October. We have gone in many directions to develop the perfect trip for our 50th anniversary. Mike promptly fielded our many many questions and changes; while remaining cheerful and intent to create the best tour for us. He made great suggestions and now we are looking forward to a trip of a life time. I agree with Diane 60030 in that the pricing seems to be very reasonable.

If anyone has any packing suggestions for an October trip that will include Lima, Cusco, Micchu Picchu, Sacred Valley and Nazca; your response would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 09:40 AM

I was there in the middle of September and with the exception that it might be a little more rainy the weather should be a bit nicer than what I had (they are going into summer).

It depends on what you are doing as far as activities. For hiking and walking jeans or khaki's are just fine. I don't think it will be warm enough for shorts, but you could bring a pair. It will be cooler at the high elevations so a jacket and a long sleeve shirt are good. I recommend long sleves for MP. They have some nasty gnats that bit. (remember the deep woods off and sunscreen).

Otherwise if you've been to New Mexico or Colorado the weather is about the same.
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Thanks Diane!! This is the first time that I have heard about the gnats. We were already planning to take OFF with a high content of DEET. It has even been suggested that leaving the left over repellant would be a good gift for your guide.
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM

Have no experience with Gate 1, but highly recommend Peru Best Tours. See the following link for comments: http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...mmendation.cfm

PBT is located in La Molina, a suburb of Lima, and was right there for us when we needed help. Guillermo and Mike are very good about answering questions and responding to concerns.

If you are looking for a great place to relax in the Sacred Valley, we would suggest Apu Lodge in Ollantaytambo.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Can you please share what you ended up doing? I'm looking at Gate 1's 12-day Peru/Galapagos tour and would love any feedback on tours in this area.
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM

Peru Best Tours set up airfare (four in-country legs), our bus from Cusco to Puno and our Amazon river stay at Heliconia Lodge. We did the rest independently. As I mentioned previously we had to reschedule due to weather and PBT did it all in two days at a cost of $100. They were responsive and extremely easy to deal with.
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 09:44 AM

I used Gate 1 this past summer and did the 10 day trip with them. The guides were local and very helpful. I would use them again. The only complaint we had was that we added the Nazca lines to our trip and a few days beforehand we heard that the flights were overbooked from where they normally fly out of and we would have to drive like 8 hours, do the 45 min Nazca lines flight and then 8 hours back. We complained enough to get a refund but it was frustrating. Again, everything else about the trip was great. The guides were friendly and very informative.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM

Hi,

we are looking for recent feedback on peru best tours as we are planning our trip with them. Any response will be greatly appreciated