Tour groups in peru

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Dominick

Tour groups in peru

has anyone had experience with Orquidea Tours in Peru? Are they a reliable group? If not can someone recommend a group that has good prices (many are high) and is reliable?

We're looking primarily for the Cuzco/Macu Picchu with Sacred Valleyt Tour.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Karin

Hi there !
i ve been adviced by a friend of mine
to contact www.ecstravel.com he had a
great time with this company i will be
contacting them for next july
hope it helps
regards
Karin Cushieri

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 07:27 AM
davarian

Dominick,

Orquidea has been in Cusco a long time. i have friends that have traveled with them and it worked out well.
For a trip to machu picchu and cusco a good approach is to contact a couple agencies, tell them exactly what you are interested in doing (a lot of time advertised tours are more expensive than what you can customize for your own trip)
see what options they provide for you (hotels, hostals, guides, train services)
If you are going to Peru during the last of June (Inti Raymi festival time) then definately make your reservations asap, as everything will soon be booked for that couple weeks.
for more info about cusco you can check out
peruperu.com

have a great trip!
dav
[email protected]

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 06:18 PM
amy

dominick,

strange coincidence. i´m currently in aguas caliente on an orquidea tour looking for some helpful hotel info for our next stop in peru. since i fell across your post, thought i´d do a quick response.

we did the 2 day inka trail tour today, with the overnight in aguas calientes. the tour company is legit, although a bit disorganized. we´ve encountered some slight problems with them (not being able to reach them on the phone, being dropped off without the guide on the side of the road to wait for him and the rest of the group for 30 mins, being sent on with another unrelated group for part of the tour). you do get everthing they promise, just in a sort of roundabout, slightly more difficult way.

i do note that SAS is a tour group that seems to have good guides and a good organization, you might try them. but overall, orquidea is okay. i{m enjoying the trip immensely, we have the machu picchu tour tomorrow. a bit disappointed about the confusion, but it´s not a huge deal. we´re seeing machu picchu and enjoying the experience.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Gale

I went last year and went with SAS - you can find info on them online as well as when you're there (in Cuzco). They were really good. Well organized and with good guides. I also heard good things about Andean Life. You can book a Sacred Valley tour when you're there. Have fun!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Susan

topping this for other thread