Search

mexico-under $2000/couple?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:31 AM
clgirl

mexico-under $2000/couple?

a group of our married friends (late 20s-early 30s, no kids) want to take a trip together in late august-early september flying out of atlanta for about 4-6 days. we're leaning towards an ai, not in cancun if possible. is this doable? where should i look for some deals?

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:52 AM
D

I'm sure you could do this for that ammount. Check some of the airlines packages like Aeromexico, check some of the websites, Obitz, Travelocity, etc. or a travel agent could do this.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
Sherry

Check out Funjet.com - you can check prices and compare resorts. I have tried using Orbitz and other websites, but I always end up booking with Funjet because their prices are better. Just one thing - beware of hurricane season that time of year!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:27 PM
TA

Have a travel agent try Apple Vacations (only booked with travel agents), they have charters to Cancun from Atlanta I think, but not sure if they operate year round. From Cancun you can transfer to Playa Del Carmen or Akumal all inclusive hotel. Oasis Akumal is good, also try Viva Azteca, and Viva Maya.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:16 PM
Celine

I've heard horror stories of Apple Vacations, I would go with Funjet instead. I would definitely go in Late August and skip September so you don't risk getting hit with a hurricane.<BR><BR>If you want some major partying, Cancun is a good place to go. I recommend Playa del Carmen, it's less touristy, there are many excursions you can do, and alot of AI's in the area as well.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Karen

I would suggest one of the Palace resorts. The Adventura seems to be a favorite and is all adult. I checked into it for us for mid December and the following website had the best prices I could find. They would book the air too but I found the air cheaper from the following website.<BR><BR>http://www.palaceresortsmexico.com/<BR>http://www.1877femtrip.com/<BR><BR>We decided we didn't want to stay in a large resort, so we passed on the Adventura, but for a group like you are talking, this would be a good option. Lots of choices on things to do and they throw in some extras that would be fun. Read the posts from people on the Adventura Palace, most everyone was thrilled with it.<BR><BR>There are many good all inclusives in the Playacar area, Riu Palace was right next to the hotel we stayed in and it looked like at night they were having a great time, music, etc. We stayed at the Royal Hideaway and that's probably not active enough for your group, very quiet at night.<BR><BR>http://www.riu.com/<BR><BR>One word about renting a car....check with your Visa or MasterCard company to make sure they will honor the Collision Damage Waiver in Mexico. The rental car companies down there require you have that and if your credit card doesn't offer it, it almost doubles the cost of the car.<BR><BR>It's a lot of work to find the best deals. I spent hours on mesage boards and comparing prices on websites. Good luck and I know you will have a great time. It's a very special place.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>