Choosing seats on the Vistadome?

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing seats on the Vistadome?

I've read about the more desirable seat assignments on the Vistadome. When do we get to pick our seats? When we book our tickets? (I'm planning to buy them online) Or is it first come first serve when we show up for the train?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Vista Dome Train has panoramic windows including roof. Did it years back over piced not as bad a rip as the Hiram Bingham window seats best but overhead windows so you will see the views where ever you sit, but for me these days Backpacker window seat comfortable and economical way to go to Machu Picchu only 15 miles. apulodge.com ollantaytambo.org gets
me cheapest tickets or just wait to buy $37 for me last on
site many trains late and early ones have best prices.

Good luck!
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:08 AM

As I recall seats are allocated on booking. We bought our tickets in Cusco and were able to choose our seat then. i imagine a similar process applies online. Some people have preferences for the right or left side but I really don't think it makes a huge amount of difference. Guided parties can be a bit of a pain on these journeys. on ours a guide insisted on standing at the front giving a commentary (in Italian)to his group blocking the view of everyone else (he took some persuading to sit down). If this happens just have a word with the train guard.