Paris, Hotel Concorde Lafayette

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of taking a Collette tour that spends 3 nights at this hotel. I'm wondering about the immediate neighborhood where it is located. Is it easy to cross streets and stroll around? Any cafes or markets in the area?
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM

My airline use to layover at this hotel and I loved it. The views from the rooms were magnificent if you were high enough to see the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe.The location is great for using the metro and the area has lots of places to eat,etc. Downstairs below the hotel has a Paul's sandwich place along with a cute grocery store and other shops which is great if the weather is cold or rainy.There is also a wonderful bar on the 37th? floor which has great views of Paris.There is a Monoprix,great wine bar,lots of shops etc. just down the street from there.
I was very very sad to leave this area but my airline got tired of us waiting over an hour or so for our rooms so we left.
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 03:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
My airlines is still using both it and the Méridien across the street from it. The crews do indeed love it.
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 04:03 AM

The hotel is located just at the back of a major conference center on the edge of Paris (Palais de Congres), so there are many restaurants in that area. It is a quite busy area, with large streets, not what I would call charming. However, it is very convenient for the metro (as the earlier poster said) and you can easily walk to the Arc de Triomphe and down the Champe Elysees if you don't mind walking a bit. Closest nice market street is rue Poncelet. You would walk out of your hotel and go right down the avenue des Ternes. Rue Poncelet will be on your right just after you pass avenue Niel and the FNAC store.
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 04:26 PM

We stayed at Le Meridien Etoile in early Sept. We ate one night at Le Ballon des Ternes at 103 Avenue des Ternes -very good meal --lots of seafood. It's very close to the Concorde. One other restaurant we tried (the day we arrived and suffering from jet lag) was Chez Clement--terrible food and DH got some kind of food poisoning -yuk!

There is a bar on the 33rd floor of your hotel and it has a great view of the Eiffel Tower--all their drinks were 22€ each regardless of what you ordered and service was terrible. There is a great grocery store and a few cafes in the basement of the convention centre which would be right beside the hotel.

What's great for your location is that the Air France bus to the CDG airport is right there (15€ per person one way).

I was not impressed with the neighbourhood as far as ambiance went so we just walked to other areas. La Defence area, as you travel north was very different--some very pretty residential areas and then the office towers/business area and the Arc de la Defense.
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM

The Concorde Lafayette is a 60's era high rise located right near the convention center and out past the etoile. There is a Metro right underneath it - so fairly easy to get anywhere. There are several restaurants right in the vicinity.

I saw the inside a couple of years ago when I did a meeting (we stayed at the Meridien Etoile). the Concorde was looking kind of frayed but they may have rehabbed it since.

Can't comment on markets - since I don't shop abroad.
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM

My nephew is a flight attendant for United, and I think they have stayed there, also.

I guess you get that it is a modern business hotel on the edge, convenient for the airline and metro, but it isn't a neighborhood you're going to be strolling around for fun. What do you mean by a market, do you mean a supermarket or some kind of store? If you mean those periodic roving markets, no, you won't have that out there. The closest one in the 17th is pretty far away (it's up beyond Porte de Courcelles on bd de Reims) on Wed and Sat mornings. Rue Poncelet, as noted, is a permanent shop street so the better bet, but it isn't exactly right near that hotel, either.