Hawaii fishing (Oahu)

Search

Hawaii fishing (Oahu)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii fishing (Oahu)

I'm getting married in July on Oahu and am trying to plan a deep sea fishing trip for myself and my 5 groomsmen. None of us has ever done that before, and am just looking for recommendations of companies/private captains to book our excursion.

Some of us will be there for at least a week after the trip, so we'll be able to make use of the fish in our rental homes.

As a side note, I'm also trying to find a good "booze cruise" for the boys while we're out there. I went on one from Duke's and had a great time, the last time I was in Waikiki. Any suggestions???
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM

Congrats on the wedding

Can't help re the fishing tho' would like to do it some day.

As regards booze cruise, we went on the Outrigger (Hotel's) Catamaran off the beach in 2004. It's an ex-racing cat that won the Transpac in the late 80s and even tho' trimmed down it still gets moving. Their hospitality was good and one of the crew raced with it so had interesting tales to tell.
http://outriggercatamaranhawaii.com/sunset.htm

If you want something more fancy there's several that run out of the Honolulu docks area.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ag3046

No suggestions on the fishing, sorry. Just don't schedule the fishing and the booze cruise witin about 24 hours of each other. If not fatal, you will wish it was.

Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:21 PM

I just checked with our office fishing fanatic. He recommeds Sashimi Fun Fishing. His own boat is broken and he had visitors, and said they had a lot of fun. It is like a party boat. You can go on a night or day trip. About $40 pp for a 3 or 4 hour trip includes dinner, equipt, and you keep your fish. BYOB allowed. He says it is 60-80 ft deep water. They caught menpachi, opelu, mackeral and some other fish that I can't remember.

For deep sea private charters, he recommends Inter-Island Sportfishing

http://www.fish-hawaii.com/index.html

Says they have the Maggie Joe, Mazeltof, Seahawk. Good boats, and for 6 people they'll run about $750 to $1000, depending on the length of trip.

For a simple Booze Cruise, just look for the guys handing out flyers on Kalakaua ave, and negotiate a good rate.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM

Thanks, lcuy, found a link:

http://www.sportfishhawaii.com/bottomfishing.htm

I think that for a casual vacation trip I'd go for bottom fishing rather than trolling for big-game like Marlin.