Kansas City to Santa Fe Road Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I are planning a road trip from KC to Santa Fe in September. I have been to Santa Fe and the surrounding area many times as it was a favorite area for my family to vacation when I was growing up and even into adulthood. However, this will be her first time to visit Santa Fe.

My question is two part. First does anyone have any recomondations for a first time visitor to that area, as I want her to fall in love with it the same way my family did and to give her a true New Mexican experience. I would like tips as if we were both completley new to the area. (things to do, food, places to stay etc) We are on somewhat of a budget as we just had our first child and this is our first trip since his birth.

My second question involves finding a place to stay that is near town but possibly slightly out in the country. A B&B might work or a quaint place that is out a bit would be fine. Although we will spend some time in Santa Fe we also will likely go farther north into the mountains. So places like Taos, Angel Fire, etc are in play. As it will be fall it would be nice to have a place that has a fireplace or outdoor fire place although this is not an absolute must.

Thank you in advance!