Zip Line Turubari, Arenal, or Ma

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is best, which is cheapest, which is safest? Also, will guides ride with frightened adults? Does this take ohysical strenght or just guts?
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM

Guts. The harness and pulley supports the body weight of the rider.

The guides might ride with a frightened adult, but most zip line tours begin with a low-level, short-distance trial cable. After one has completed this 1x or 2x, one feels safe.

All of the tours you have mentioned are safe. The national gov't inspects the tours. The last thing CR needs is a bad experience to decrease tourism. They're quite conscientious of this.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM

Hi,
My preference for Zip line is Arenal.
There are several there but one I like the best is Sky Adventures. The company has an excellent reputation in Monteverde and has built a complex in the Arenal Area.

I like this one because you can tram up to the top is a nice car-type tram with parcial views of the lake Arenal.

Once up, if you prefer, you can tram back down or you can zip back down.

Guides will zip with anyone who needs assistance. I agree with the first post in that many feel freightened but after the first stretch become confident in the extensive harnessing.
I have had guest 8 and 75 go and enjoy.

Strength is not necessary and the braking system is easy. If you brake too early, you can glide along with your hands or someone will come get you..... its easy, they say.

Another at Arenal has a horseback tour with it. If you like that idea, I understand they are very safety concious, too.

I have been to zip lines in areas where it is dry and not tropical. I prefer Arenal because you really feel like Tarzan in the jungle!

Enjoy!
HOP
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM

I too went on the one at Arenal (the skytrek/sky tram one) It was great. It doesn't take strength but it does take not being scared of heights. You are zipping over valleys that are very far away. I felt safe but I'm not scared of eights. I was with someone who really hated heights and although she made it she wasn't very happy.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:45 AM

Just returned from Costa Rica. One of my highlights was the Zip Line at Mt. Arenal. The guides were well trained and did a great job of showing you the safe way of Zipping. I have to admit, it was a bit nerve racking at first, but after the first ride, it was high fives for all on this adventure. Not for the faint of heart.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 04:44 AM

The canopy ride at Pozo Azul, in the Central Valley, has a double cable system whereby you are hooked up to 2 seperate lines. We felt very safe on this. We combined this with a white water rafting trip which was great and the cost was quite reasonable for a full day of activities. Horseback riding and lunch was also included. One of our most exciting days in cr.