Hanging Bridges - Monteverde or Arenal?

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hanging Bridges - Monteverde or Arenal?

Are the Hanging Bridges better in Monteverde or Arenal??

How about the Canopy Zipline. Are they better in Monteverde or Arenal?

It seems both places have similar activities so I am trying to figure out which is better.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 06:57 AM

I really loved SkyTrek in Arenal, and also the Hanging Bridges there as well, which is very laid back, casual walk. Haven't been to Monteverde though so can't compare them. One plus at the Arenal SkyTrek is if the weather is clear you have lovely views of Arenal.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 07:08 AM

We did the Hanging Bridges in Arenal; it was a really pretty nice walk - we didn't see much in the way of animal life though. We heard howlers but no sightings. SkyTrek in Arenal gets rave reviews; we got rained out, but that's the one I'd pick.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Canopy tours should be done in Monteverde. Hanging bridges in Arenal. Hanging bridges in Arenal was a very nice walk, and we were able to see Howlers and sloths along the way. It's hit or miss though. The walk alone was worth it. Maybe with a guide even better. There are a few canopy tours in Monteverde, but I'd recommend the Selvatura Canopy Tour. Well run, some great zip lining along the way, longer, higher and more than other tours...and also a tarzan swing along the way. Tons of fun!
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM

Having not done Skytrek I can't comment either way, but have read many great reviews.

In Arenal, we loved the one that goes over the falls run by Aventuras (includes a horseback ride at the end for about the same price as the others). Warning, it's not for the faint of heart as you take a tractor up to the platform overlooking the falls and waaaaay over the canyons, then continue to hike up, up, up, and then zip 11 (I think) lines down. You don't have any baby starts to get used to the idea. I was told this canopy tour has the 2nd longest length of cables (in total) in CR and it was a blast! I believe the 1st longest is in Monteverde, not sure if it's the one ran by Selvatura mentioned above.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM

We ziplined at Arenal. A tour guide suggested that the ziplining was safer there.

Now white water rafting at Pecuare River was insane! That is a not to be missed!
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Hi - thank you so much for the responses....I will plan my trip accordingly
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 06:55 AM

A combo package at Arenal Mundo Aventura, includes, canopy, zip lines, rappeling, horses, about 4 hours of great fun, next to La Fortuna waterfall.

Rocio