Which Cancun Hotels Have The Best Beach?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:43 AM
John

Which Cancun Hotels Have The Best Beach?

Thanks

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 12:09 PM
pam

Several years ago we stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna. It was a gorgeous hotel, very clean. The beach was small in front of the hotel, but it was a nice beach. Not to far from downtown. d We took a bus for quarter downtown. It was far enough away if you like it quiet. We had a ocean front room with a balcony. It was very nice.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:55 PM
jen

Hi John

I just came back from cancun for the first time and i have to say that the Camino Real has the best beach. On every side of the hotel is water. It is an older hotel that needs to be updated but it's really a great place. If you stay in the tower you have your own private beach. It's also in walking distance to everything. Check it out.

Jen

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Don

John it depends on the type of water that you like. I like calm turquiose warm water and the hotel that has that calm beautiful warm water is the Presidente Intercontinental hotel. Not the newest hotel in Cancun but thats why they are on the best beach, they picked first.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Kristen

If you like a surfy beach, The Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Melia have the best beach. If you want calm water, stay at the Fiesta Americana Coral beach. The Hyatt has no beach. Most resorts share the same beach ,and it is probably the best beach in the world.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Bonnie

Hi, John:

I agree completely with Jan regarding the Camino Real. Just returned from our 10th trip to Cancun, and our 9th stay at Camino Real. It's an older hotel, but has the best location and beach in the hotel zone. It has an "old Mexican" ambiance that the newer glitzy hotels don't. The staff there is the best -- they treat you like family. We'll be returning there again in Feb. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. If you'd like some recent photos, e-mail me & I'll be happy to send them to you.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Nancy

I agree with the posters recommending the Camino Real.
The only thing I would add is to spring for the Club Tower rooms.
Unparalleled views, private beach, and a very nice complimentary breakfast buffet and afternoon cocktail party.
A truly nice hotel in the best part of the Zona Hotelera with reasonable prices and great ambience...

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:47 AM
sandra

The Melia Cancun was quite impressive--and the beach (which did have the feel of a private resort beach even though it probably wasn't private) was amazing, turquoise water and fine sands. My guess is that most of cancun beaches are fantasic, as the beach 'strip" consists of mega hotel after mega hotel, sharing a long stretch of beach. You're pretty much guaranteed to find a nice spot, no matter what hotel you check your luggage into.

I'd go back any time--had a fantastic time and was not at all what I expected.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Lyn

If you like open ocean where the seas may be very well be rough on some days yet calm on others (with most days being very swimmable), where one can stroll the beach endlessly and appreciate the beautiful blue/turquoise water and magnificience of it all stay, on the long part of the "7" of the hotel zone where the Ritz, Mariott, Sheraton, Melia, Royal Sands and a large variety of other hotels are located.

If you prefer shallower, warmer, extremely calm water with little to no surf stay on the top part of the "7" where the Presidente Intercontinental, Camino Real, Gran Caribe and various other hotels are located.

Please note that at the top of the "7" there may not be a lot of beach to take strolls on and you may encounter seaweed in the water. Some people seem ok with this as they like the calmer water.

I disagree with the above posters about Camino Real having the best beaches using the above criteria but as the old saying goes, "different strokes for different folks"!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Sonia

In my opinion, if you're going for clear and calm water, powdery white sand, and a long stretch of beach go to Playa del Carmen. We stopped going to Cancun about 5 years ago when we discovered Playa because of the beautiful beaches, proximity to Mayan ruins and ecological parks, as well as Cozumel. Of course we have a child so we're not looking for nightlife which is a consideration to keep in mind if this is important for you. I am going to JW Marriott this week since I'm a travel agent and want to become familiar again with the Cancun area. Hope this helps.