Search

Weather in P.V /Late Feb.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather in P.V /Late Feb.

I will be going to P.V from Feb. 26- March 5th. What has been your experience if you have gone around that paticular time? I know weather is hard to predict but just looking for an average temp.for around that time.Does it typically cool down for evening where you need a sweater, etc.?
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 07:29 AM

I was there last February at that time (I've also gone in January). It does cool down in the evening where most people would want a sweater (if they are anything like me at least - I like it warm) Also, I found both times in January and February even during the day laying out at the beach sometimes that breeze off the ocean can have quite a chill to it. I found Acapulco and Cancun much warmer during those times of the year. But it has always been very sunny when I have been in Puerto Vallara and a lot of people prefer it cooler.
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Over the years I've mostly had very warm weather at that time. low to mid 80's F during the day. Using the ceiling fan or A/C in the room at night. I rarely have worn a sweater in the evening. I do take one very lightweight cardigan which I wear down on the plane, but that's always been sufficient and sometimes never worn at all.

I was not in PV last winter so wonder that maybe it was an unusually cool season?
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 10:03 AM

The one time that I did go in January was record breaking lows. The whole continent was in a deep freeze. The days were still pretty warm and sunny, but at night people were definitely wearing slacks and jackets (I unfortunately had neither). The locals said they have never felt it that cold. I can't say about last February. It was still very nice, much better than that January, but I still felt better with a sweater at night.
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 10:11 AM

At the end of February and beginning of March the average high temperature in Puerto Vallarta is 81F and the average low temperature is 63F.
Old Dec 10th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.It sounds like it will be warm enough. I knew it would not be blazing hot but wanted to make sure highs were not in the 60-70's!Pushing 80 sounds comfortable but i will bring sweaters for evenings.
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 07:55 AM

At night it will be no lower than 65ºF, but my neighbors will be wearing quilted jackets for that, .
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM

Hi lvitaly so glad you are going back to P.V. boy did it come fast from the last time you went. I would say to bring long sleeves for dress at night and maybe a sweater just in case. Sometimes at that time of year it can be a little cooler. Have a great time and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Good to here from you Butsey!! I am now reccomending La Palapa thanks to you. You need to try their other restaurant Vista Grill.Very good.
I ended up buying a two bedroom Timeshare at the same resort. So my husband and i will be going in Oct. This time around with our one bedroom ( have not decided if i will sell it or rent it out in the future) i pulled off a girls only trip, so thats were this one is comming from!! You as well have a Merry Christmas and have a great time when you go again!!Kathy
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 11:15 AM

Hi lvitaly glad you got my message please let me know how your trip w/the girls goes and let me know of any new places you go. Bye for
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 12:05 PM

I was there in mid Feb and loved the weather. The nights twice got chilly enough for a very light blanket...LOL...but we were staying right on the beach so cooler with the brisas, the way I like it. Lots of fine places to eat. I stay in SouthSide, Playa los Muertos and found some new spots this last trip. I will assist anyone who writes me anytime. It's all about sharing.

Gary

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Puerto...Town_SouthSide
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:42 AM

We are leaving for PV tomorrow -- YEA!!!. I have found temperature forcasts, but can anyone tell me what to expect in the way of humidity? I have been there many times, but only in August, when the humidity is quite high. Thanks!
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have never noticed it particularly humid at this time of year. Mostly sunny, low 80's, sometimes overcast in the mornings, sometimes breezey, basically gorgeous!