Villas Nicolas or Costa Verde

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling to Costa Rica for the first time in January. I have reservations on the Osa Peninsula at Villa Corcovado and would like to spend 3 nights in Manuel Antonio. Both Villas Nicolas and Costa Verde have availbility and are in the same price range. Both have been recommended on this forum. I need advice on which I should choose. Also should I fly from Puerto Jimenez to Quepos or travel with a driver or by bus. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM

You're going to hear positives about both places, probably equally, and that won't get you any closer to a choice! We've not stayed at Villas Nicolas (loved the views from the Studio Plus rooms at CV), but from what I've heard, wouldn't hesitate to stay there. You've heard the old saying "Six of one, half a dozen of the other"? I think that very aptly applies to your choice!

I'm anxious to see what you thought of Villa Corcovado--do report back when you return--and have a great time!
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. I think I'm going to go with Villas Nicolas and I'll report back on Villas Corcovado and Villas Nicolas when I return.
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 04:17 PM

We stayed at Villas Nicolas recently...nice place. We stayed in Room # 3 Down, it's a type 3 room, great view.
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

I just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoyed Villas Corcovados. It is very remote, at the top of the Golfo Dolce. It was just what I needed. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my villa. A large bedroom with a full size bed and another room with 2 twin size beds that doubled as a sitting area. 2 nice sized bathrooms, and an attached outdoor shower ( screened in ). Nice porch with hammock and swing. It had a very high ceiling and was completely screened in with beautiful floors. Very, very clean. I did not see one bug in any of the rooms.

There is a bar and restaurant. The food was very good and the staff is wonderful. I did a guided hike one morning. Another day I went on a chocolate tour. I was driven to a farm where they grow and make artisan chocolate. It was interesting and delicious as it ended with chocolate fondue ! Another day I was taken by boat to a remote beach with a cooler of lunch and drinks. I had a towel and umbrella and a walkie talkie to call in when I was ready to be picked up. I would definitely stay here again.
If you are looking for a place to stay near Corcovados Park this is not it. It is quite a distance despite the name.
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Thank you so much for your review on Villas Corcovado. I have it in my file as a possible for someday but we always seem to go further or cut over to Puerto Jimenez. You have broken new ground for all of us!
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM

spres242
Can you tell me what you thought of Villas Nicolas? I am trying to make the same choice right now. Villas Nicolas has A/C but doesn't offer breakfast or a pool side bar. How was the view?
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I ended up not staying at Villas Nicolas although after seeing it I wish I had. It looks like it had great views and looked like a neat place. The person I emailed with was trying to accommodate me.
I waited too long to make my reservation and they did not have the same room available consecutive nights so I opted to stay at Hotel California. Mediocre at best. The staff was wonderful and that is where the good ended. The room was stuffy and there was a sliding door but no screen. The only view was from breakfast and that wasn't very good. The pool had about 8 chairs all claimed by a senior group.