Turubari Park - JackiBriggs

Old Jan 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Turubari Park - JackiBriggs

Jacki, I am so glad you are considering going to Turubari Park (www.turubari.com). As Percy mentioned in an earlier post, we are located only 15 minutes from this magnificent park, and we recommend it to everyone! It is really a beautiful project, done very well, with a lot of attention to details. The guides and service are just great, and the park gives jobs to over 100 Ticos, in a very poor county (Turrubares), where jobs are rare. It is a relatively new project (opened only a few months ago), and although I believe it will become one of Costa Rica's most famous attractions, at this point they can use all the help in spreading the word! Please come visit, and then report on it!
Feel free to contact me directly by email.
Pura Vida!
Neta Talmor
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 03:38 PM

Hi! I was just looking at the park's web site, but I saw the price of $55! That seems kind of steep. Do you know what they include for that price?
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 03:47 PM

Costaricafinca: It looks awesome (despite the cost). I figure if you can experience a county in a natural state - without all the cement, it is a blessing in itself.
How far is the drive from Playa Coco? I cant get a handle on its location...
Also - does it function completely in the rainy season?
Kind Regards!
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Hi LAFadeAway and Jacki,

Yes, I know what it includes. First, you should know it is a whole day. If you come by car, the entrance is $55, and it includes 2 rides on the aerial tram (getting into the park, and later leaving), and the entrance to the park, which includes the butterfly farm, bamboo gardens, tropical gardens, and much much more, all with a guide. It also includes a great lunch (read Percy's report in the post "car/driver recommendations"). If you want to enter the park by canopy it is $20 more (or $30 for the longer one). You have to remember that most canopy tours cost around $50, and basically include only the canopy, so for $75, you get canopy and much more. If you don't have a car, Turubari will arrange transportation for you from 5 different hotels in SJ (that costs $75, and it includes everything I have mentioned before + transportation and breakfest as well). There is a minimum of 2 people required to make the trip, and you can email Turubari directly to arrange it (email on their website).

I want you to know, I don't work for Turubari, I just know the project very well since I live only 15 minutes from it, and I am committed to helping them succeed, because it is a great park and in my opinion should be a major attraction in CR.

If you can find Orotina on the map - it is only 20 minutes from there (it is between Orotina and San Jose, but on the old scenic road, not the highway). Since I live only 15 minutes from Turubari I can tell you that the rainy months around here are not too bad. It usually rains only in the afternoons, so if you get to the park early, you shouldn't have any problems.

Please come visit when you go to the park!
You can write me directly if you want.
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 04:57 PM

Unfortunately Playa Coco is quite a ways away from Turubari. If you look at a map of Costa Rica. Playa Coco is above the Nicoya Peninsula where Turubari is below It is not far below Puntarenas.