Questions for JeanH and other Isla faithfuls

Old Jan 28th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Questions for JeanH and other Isla faithfuls

Jean, can you suggest any lodging with a kitchenette on Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres? Looking someplace tasteful and comfortable, not overpriced. Also, do you know know of any place with good childcare/babysitting services. A place that's kid-friendly would be great. We do not want a standard hotel room. Also, can you suggest some activities in and around Isla that would be manageable. Our little one is a young toddler and will be less than 2yrs old when we do travel in May. All suggestions welcome.

Also, even though Grenada is more Geographically challenging than Isla, I am still considering it and would love to hear your thoughts on lodging options there. Keep in mind that I don't expect to do everything with the little tyke.

If we do choose Isla, that decision will be based on the "ease of getting around factor."

I have never done Mexico before. What are your thoughts on the milk there (for the little one).

I have done extensive research and thought first hand feedback is invaluable.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 04:13 PM

The Nautibeach condos on Playa Norte look really nice, at least from the outside. We met some people who stay there every year, so they must be doing something right. There's also a place called (I think)Casa Maya, which has a shared kitchen.

I don't know a thing about child care on Isla. I'd recommend you join the message board on IslaMujeres.net. It's a very active board, lots of information there.

I also don't know a thing about milk in Mexico. I haven't drunk any milk since my youngest son was an infant, and he's almost 24 years old.

On Grenada we stayed at the Flamboyant. Lots of steps, so might not be the best with a toddler. He/she could get mighty heavy if you end up at the top of the property. They do have reasonably priced condos though. The views there are awesome. I don't know if any of the places there right on the beach have any units with kitchens. Another place, on a quieter beach that looks nice and does have kitchens is Mahogany Run on Morne Rouge. Probably a more kid friendly beach, just because the waves are pretty much non-existant.

Jean
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Jean!
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 06:32 PM

You really should visit
www.islamujeres.net
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM

sorry--it is
isla-mujeres.net