Search

Tulum Beach cabanas

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tulum Beach cabanas

Hi,
I'd like to know if anyone has stayed at any of the Beach Side Cabanas in Tulum? My question is? Do any of these places allow you to have your own little cooler with beer? If yes, where is the best spot in Tulum to buy local beer and best prices? Which is the best place along the beach for breakfast, Dinner, afternoon drinks, and last isthere any nice places to go in the evening to listen to music meet others and good drinks. I did get a response last week which has been helpful from Julie, Thanks Julie! They stayed at Zulum's, Sounds nice, but I wanted to know if there is anyone else that can advise us of other places as well, maybe where there is an outlet somewhere in the Cabana, right on the beach? We are heading out next week, last minute no pre booking just winging it, is this ok? Do you think we can book a place when we get there? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM

You might want to query tulum.info

http://tulum.info/index.php
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:56 PM
kja

Hi, pattybeau -

If you want a truly wonderful meal, you might consider Hechizo. I just topped another thread about it for you.

Enjoy!

If you want a really
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 01:07 PM

We got back a few days ago & stayed for 7 days at Zulum. There food was great. We were not supposed to but we did buy wine at San FRancisco market, not cheap & we did compare other places. My hubby bought beer a couple of times & drank it as soon as we returned from the store(while it was still cold). The cooler would have been toooo obvious, lol! We really liked the area but found it expensive, drinks, food, groceries.....not cheap.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 03:32 AM

Last year when we where in Tulum we stopped at the San Francisco grocery store on 307 and bought a styrofoam cooler, beer and ice and also some wine. The hotel did not have any problem with us having it there (we stayed at Zulum) in fact they helped us carry the cooler to our room and gave us some ice for it a couple of times when we ran low. There is also a little store on the beach road (across from Zamas)that sells beer and ice.

I second the tulum.info site. I know there are a couple of Tulum "experts" there that have been in most of the cabanas and I believe there is a thread showing pics of a lot of them - might help give you an idea of what is there.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all you replies, this is a great help. I will check out Tulum info! I will also let you know how the trip turns out!!