Travelling w/small pets

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Gay

Travelling w/small pets

We will be staying at Punta Mita Four Seasons this May and are considering taking our small Yorkie dog w/us...he usually flys and stays with us on domestic trips..and pets are always welcome at Four Seasons. However, does anyone have comments on this, for taking him with us to Mexico. We're flying American, so he's allowed to fly on board with us.thanks for any advise.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 07:37 AM
andrea

just returned from a four month road trip through Mexico with our two mini-schnauzers. Most hotels and motels do not accept dogs.We got to the point where it was easier to just sneak them in. Also there are quite a lot of sickly, stray dogs running about that you have to watch out for. For the most part our two loved the trip and it was well worth the little inconviences. P.S. Have also flown with them to Mexico, and driving was a lot easier on them.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Susan

This is not advice, just an amusing story that you might find interesting as a 'pet' person. A few years ago, we spent a week on Isla Mujeres. We met a couple who were currently living in the U.S., but were from one of the Scandinavian countries. They were travelling with their cat! They had originally started out in a hotel in Cancun, but felt that it wasn't a good setup for the cat, so were considering moving to a small 'villa' so that the cat would have more space to roam! I can't imagine my 'girls' enjoying air travel - they can't even handle the trip to the vet!

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Cindy

Susan-Just wanted to say how much that story just made me smile...cats on vacation..

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in the answer to your question.I have traveled with my Yorkie "Xuxa" everywhere in Europe, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.No problem. However, I am planning a trip to Mexico this summer and I am faced with the same concern. I know that Four Seasons and some Ritz-Carltons accept dogs. I do not know about other properties in Mexico and we will be traveling to quite a few places. When is your trip? Let me know how you fare. Thanks!