Notices

Travel Sansa Air

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 09:01 AM
SUSAN

Travel Sansa Air

My friend and I will be flying Sansa Air next week and were told we could only have 30 lbs. in luggage. Has anyone ever had a problem with more weight than allowed with Sansa?

Thanks, Susan

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Michael

Just returned from 10 days in CR, flew Sansa from SJ to Tamarindo. Although our luggage was weighed and was WAY over 30 lbs. there was no additional charge. Like you we were concerned and held our breath awaiting a problem, none occurred! However, a fellow on our flight was charged $15 for a surfboard viewed as "oversized". On another note Sansa seemed Really disorganized, lines, distribution of boarding passes, and reservation confo/check in etc. Strongly suggest you get there early if in SJ and stand back and observe the procedure or lack thereof before approach!! Grab a chair quickly too, there are only 10 or so with lots of people milling with luggage. Get in line quickly at check in time for processing. We saw what appeared to be some extra $$ being exchanged for limited or overbooked seats on several flights.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Jean

Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled about the Sansa people ignoring your overweight baggage. Those planes are small and certainly there are weight limitations for a reason. What I was told if the flight isn't full they will allow extra luggage weight to the tune of $.60 per pound.

I guess I'll find out how it all works next month.....

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Kara Lee

Has anyone purchased a SANSA airpass? Did you do so in advance or once you arrived in Costa Rica? I have emailed them three times with no response to find out how I go about buying one. Not a good sign but they have better flight schedules than NatureAir or whatever the other airline is called.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Susan

Thanks Michael & Jean for your prompt replies. I guess I'll just practice holding my breath and plan to put on a lot of clothes if they call me on too much weight in luggage.

Susan

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Ilka

Actually wearing your luggage only works up to a point as all passengers need to state their weight. And no cheating since there is a scale right next to the counter!