Search

Travel from Manuel Antonio to Montezuma

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel from Manuel Antonio to Montezuma

Hi there!

We're starting our trip in Manuel Antonio, then hopping over to Montezuma. We believe our best bet is taking the Water Taxi from Jaco. Can someone please help us with these details?

1. How do we get from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

2. Would it be best for us to spend one night in Jaco to get to the Water Taxi's at an early hour? Or do they run all day?

3. If so, where in Jaco?

4. How will we get from the water taxi in Montezuma to our hotel near "downtown" Monetezuma?

Thanks so very, very much for your assistance!

Smiles
Patty and Jeff
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM

The water taxi actually leaves from Playa Herradura, just north of Jaco once a day at 7:45am. You can email zuma tours for more info on the water taxi [email protected]

You can take a bus from Quepos to Playa Herradura. I'm not sure what time they start running but I'm sure it's pretty early.

Montezuma is pretty small. The water taxi will let you off just a block form the "downtown" part opf Montezuma.

Where are you staying?

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi Sean!

Thanks for the info. We're staying at La Posada. Not sure where in Montezuma...waiting to hear back.

Do you (or does anyone?) know how we can get info about the busses that go from Quepos to Herradura? Also, would we be able to take a taxi or hire a driver instead?

Thanks so much,
Patty and Jeff
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:46 PM

I know Montezuma pretty well and have never heard of La Posada. Is it new?
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM

One thing i forgot... Just ask at your hotel or in Quepos and someone will be able to provide the details for taking the bus to Playa Herradura
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

We're staying in La Posada in Manuel Antonio.

Just received confirmation for El Sano Banano (in-town). Do you happen to know if their showers are in-room, or shared?
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM

El Sano Banano in town is a good choice. I stayed there last year and thought it was a good deal. Yes, the showers are private and in the room. Try to get one of the 3 rooms that face the street. The rooms in the back don't have any view. For breakfast, try the banana pancakes (YUM). Be sure to take advantage of the pool at Ylang Ylang. Guests at El Sano Banano get free access and it's really nice.

Also be sure to have dinner at La Playa de las Artistas. Best food in Costa Rica!
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sean.

Yes, we were at the Artistas last time we were in Montezuma. They do such a splendid job -- it was our favorite little spot. We also liked the food at a little open-air restaurant on the north end of town near the end of the road on the left that serves lots of fruit, yogurt, breakfasts, etc. Can't remember the name.

I had read in many places to request the street-facing rooms at Sano Banano, which I did. A little bummed they don't have an in-room safe, although they have one at the front desk. Did you feel things were fairly secure there?

Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 06:15 AM

I felt that the rooms were pretty safe. My wife accidentally left her gold earrings out while we were at the beach. The maids made up the room and the earrings were still there when we came back. If you have any valuables either take them with you or do some creative hiding within the room. The rooms have good locks and are only accessible by passing through the restaurant downstairs so I wouldn't worry too much about theft. There is also a security guard at night after the restaurant closes.

The place at the north end of town is simply knows as the "Bakery Cafe". Be sure to try their banana bread (YUM)
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Hmmmm, I'm getting the feeling you like bananas, Sean. haha

Thanks so very much!
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM

my favorite hotel in montezuma is amor de mar on the beach.
definitely eat at playa del las artistas, great food!!

http://costa-rica.typepad.com/montez...ome/index.html
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM

We liked Amor de Mar also. Had the corner room on the lower floor--9, I think. We thought it was a good room to have. You can ask Ori about it--she is the owner. There was no AC and it was a little uncomfortable when we were there in July of 2005. There were a couple of floor fans and a ceiling fan in the room, though. We managed OK at night.

The property is gorgeous--lots of hammocks! The beach is beautiful, but rocky; not good for swimming, but there are some great tide pools with fish in them. Also, the hotel sits on an estuary and that is pretty, as well.

They serve breakfast, but there isn't a restaurant on site. You have to walk up the road even to get a coke. It was, however, right across the street from the entrance to the falls. I liked the location. Good suggestion, Guanacaste!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 11:59 AM

we were lucky, me and my partner got the 'house' for USD75 a night in February!!!!
would have lived there if i could
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Yeah, it's a great house. We tried for it, but it was booked at least a couple of months in advance. Good price, too!