Search

Tour group in Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tour group in Costa Rica

Does anyone have any experience with Sunny Land tours? Our US travel agent is using them to map out our C.R. trip. We plan to stay in the Arenal area and Manuel Antonio.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 07:07 AM
YQT

If my memory serves me right, I read several posts about Sunny Land Tours on a message board at frommers.com You may want to check it out. Good luck!
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 09:19 AM

No personal experience, but I too have read about them on the www.frommers.com message boards. The reviews were often not favorable. You might want to read for yourself.

Karen
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 09:54 AM

Hi Peggi,
Are you stuck using your travel agent? I can recommend someone who is based out of New Orleans/Costa Rica and who is very honest to help you with your trip. I know several people who have used him and were very happy.
His web site-lovecostarica.com
His name-Pat Hewitt
I have no personal interest in his operation other than to know that he is very good from other people who have used him.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everybody. I did check out Frommers and one person did have a problem with Sunny Land tours in C. R. - interesting that there was a rebuttal posting by the tour company itself! Then there were several complaints about the Sunny Land operation in Europe. The travel agent does my husband's business travel so he likes to use her for vacation travel as well. I'd still like to hear from anyone who has experience with Sunny Land in C.R. Thanks.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:48 AM
mabel

You might want to look into Costa Rica Expeditions. I didn't travel to CR with them, but I met lots of people who did, and they all had positive things to say. I didn't meet anyone with Sunny Land tours. Sorry I can't be help there.

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 11:29 AM

Hi Peggi:

I don't know about Sunny Land, but I've used other companies that are based in the US and have local operators in Costa Rica. I would recommend Elegant Adventures, for example. They can arrange any itinerary...

Feel free to email me with any questions...regards,

Enrique
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 10:58 AM

See the post about 'Living and Guiding in Costa Rica' on this site. Scott Gauvin, who answers all those questions is with a 'tour' operator and can help you. He does not 'tout' his company on this site because he knows he's not supposed to advertise on this site, so he just answers questions here for people. Nice guy, huh? You can post to him for more info and have him email you directly.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

ttt